Weight Loss Thread "2010/2011"

Benner

I 100% back this. 18 months ago I was drinking more Coca-Cola then you could fathom. (On trips from Chicago to Ann Arbor I would kill a case...yes 24 12 oz cans) If I didn't have it I was miserable. I would take 2 carts when I went shopping, a pop cart and a food cart. I would get migraines and other withdrawal symptoms without it. I had tried many times to stop and couldn't. Then in October I caught H1N1. I suffered through for over a week of barely keeping anything down sick as a dog and not going to the doctor. I had already made it through withdrawals. I swore off all caffeine. About a week later I had a heart attack. After talking with the Cardiac Doctor he said he truly believed that if I had as much caffeine in my system as I normally had, I would not have made it to the hospital. The alcohol that I had may have actually helped slow the heart attack that I had been experiencing for hours before finally collapsing. Since then I have only had 2 shots (jager bombs). Other then that I have been caffeine free for over a year and an extreme decrease in pop. I still have a fair amount of pop but, I am slowly increasing water and replacing the pop. It has done a lot for weight and for my sleep/energy levels. I have also found that water depends on taste for a lot of people. Personally, I LOVE smartwater and Fugi. It just tastes better to me. I don't mind paying for it because I would alternately pay for a pop. Also, smartwater is good when exercising as it has electrolytes added to it.

Were you experiencing any symptoms in the days/weeks prior to your heart attack? Did the Cardiologist think H1N1 had a significant role? Im 28 and thats some scary shit man...

Edited by acklac7

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gl guys. I was gonna make a thread about CR winter bulk challenge to see who can bulk up the most in winter then shred up before summer but I think that might derail this thread. So keep up the good work!

I'm 180ish btw shooting for around 200 by spring with abs still. Hope I can make it!

haha i am in on this

starting weight for me is 180 about 3 weeks ago (currently 185 now), going for 200 or when i feel too fat, then im going to cut down to 8%BF probably finishing at 185-190

consuming about 1000 extra calories a day so thats two pounds a week.

I was about 10% at 180, now im probably 11%

workout regiment is slamming heavy weight, benching, squatting and deadlifting like a boss. wanting to hit 400+/500+/600+ raw and 500+/600+/600+ equipped.

I love the motivation of these threads but sometimes I think some of you need professional advice when it comes to a diet plan on what you should be doing for exercise.

Improper portions of fats/pros/carbs can leave you feeling flat on your face if not balanced correctly. This is when people give up and start eating whatever they want again.

This thread has started off MUCH better than previous years already.

Other then that I have been caffeine free for over a year and an extreme decrease in pop. I still have a fair amount of pop but, I am slowly increasing water and replacing the pop.

only if your drinking caffeine free. also caffeine is in a lot more things than you would think so your pretty much never caffeine free.

You guys who are drinking pop, is it diet or regular sugar pop? :confused:

I actually cut out sugar pop over 10 years ago and still have one or two diet pops a day, even through my weight loss into today.

So when you guys are talking about cutting out pop, I'm assuming you are talking about sugar pop, right? :)

I actually cut out sugar pop over 10 years ago and still have one or two diet pops a day, even through my weight loss into today.

So when you guys are talking about cutting out pop, I'm assuming you are talking about sugar pop, right? :)

yeah sugar pop. F drinking Diet I rather not drink it at all.

I'm not. I've cut all carbonated beverages. Diet and caffeine free def help, but I don't like the taste of them so for me it's not worth forcing something down my gullet that I don't like and isn't healthy enough to see a return in weight loss.

I do have the very occasional Ale 8 or Cheerwine, but that's b/c they're like the Yuengling of pop.

I eat shit...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1279/4603861869_1418691c31.jpg

And good for you man. I wish I didn't have to think about what I eat or do to lose weight. I sit around most of the day getting fatter if I don't watch what I eat and workout. :) Or I'll "maintain" but when I was at 421 that wasn't very good. LOL

Name----------------gabe

Starting Weight------185

Current Weight------169

After tons of years of running, my competitive weight was somewhere around 160-165 when I was kicking ass and taking names. I hadnt run seriously in a year or more, so this summer I started running again, out of the blue one morning in early June, I think June 3rd. I felt fat, my runs were short, I started watching what I ate, drank water, avoided pop, limited carbs, and I got down to about 164 this fall.

Since the winter has set in, my mileage has tapered off a bit since Im confined to the treadmill, but I make up for the lower mileage with more intensity. Its definitely something you need to learn to balance. I can somehow lift my face off and never get burnt out, but too much cardio too soon and I get burnt out. Its now 16 Dec so I have been somewhat successful in keeping it going. Previously I would start and burn out within a month or 2.

Name----------------Dover

Starting Weight------196lbs

Current Weight------184.5lbs

Waist-------32

Neck-------17

Arms-------?

Chest-------?

My goal isn't really weight as it is BF, I need to get it read again but it was 12.6% in August. I have since lost about 10 lbs so maybe it has come down more!

I work in a dojo "fight house" here on post, when I have a class going on I work 8-4ish on my feet and grappling a bit. I work out 5-6 days a week. I run no less then 2.5 miles a day. And I love sitting in a sauna for at least 20 minutes.

I am a firm believer in cross-fit.

Diet: No Soda. No fast foods. No Sugar (for the most part, but who honestly can cut this out completely). Water. Protein. Tuna. Noodles.

I cheat at least once a week and get something good and tasty to not where myself out to the point I lose motivation to continue to stride towards my goal.

I'm not a firm believer in one rep maxes because it proves shit but...

Bench - 330 (I have a video of doing 325 last year)

Squat - 350 (Really low right now as I am scared that I am going to blow out my balls) High School did 425 when I didn't give a shit.

Deadlift - ?? (No idea never maxed on this to be honest)

I'm not a firm believer in one rep maxes because it proves shit but...

Bench - 330 (I have a video of doing 325 last year)

Squat - 350 (Really low right now as I am scared that I am going to blow out my balls) High School did 425 when I didn't give a shit.

Deadlift - ?? (No idea never maxed on this to be honest)

Ever try DC Training? Always thought it wasn't enough workload. Into 3rd week of it and like it a lot.

I know it's pretty counter intuitive towards losing weight but just for the fun of it I decided to see what I could throw up on the leg press today. Ended up stopping at 625lbs with 12 full reps. Pretty sure I could have gone at least another 200lbs but I didn't want to over do myself. I actually threw them up pretty easy.

I'm in bitches. Made the mistake about a week ago to answer my wife's callout. She challenged me to an indoor triathlon at the end of feb. 2.5 mile run, 5 mile bike, 1/4 mile swim. Keep in mind I get winded if I run 1/2 mile, and my wife has done several 'real' outdoor triathlons and routinely runs 1/2 marathons. I'm already making solid progress with training and weight loss

Starting weight 240 lbs

Current weight 229 lbs

Goal--under 200 lbs by end of feb, and beating my wife (in the race)

I'm in bitches. Made the mistake about a week ago to answer my wife's callout. She challenged me to an indoor triathlon at the end of feb. 2.5 mile run, 5 mile bike, 1/4 mile swim. Keep in mind I get winded if I run 1/2 mile, and my wife has done several 'real' outdoor triathlons and routinely runs 1/2 marathons. I'm already making solid progress with training and weight loss

Starting weight 240 lbs

Current weight 229 lbs

Goal--under 200 lbs by end of feb, and beating my wife (in the race)

Make sacrifices in your diet and its attainable.

I don't even care how much I weigh as long as it's toned. Losing weight by not eating is just as gross as being a fatbody

You can lose weight by eating less and still maintaining muscle. the biggest part of being toned is in what you eat. Honestly with the right diet plan you can loss all the fat you want and be toned exercise will help but diet is key.

I'll get in on this. I've fought the belly for so long, I'm tired of it. Funny this comes up, three weeks ago I went into the ER cause I hadn't been doing my meds properly. (i.e. Chest Pains) My BP was 200/147. I will say it scared the shizz out of me. When they weighed me I was quite pissed. So here we go.

Name--------------- Erik

Starting Weight------292lbs

Current Weight------292lbs

Starting Total Measurement------ ?

Current Measurement-------------?

Goal Weight------------ 235

Diet - Lots O' veggies, lean meats, No Soda. I drink Diet Mt. Dew like its water 4-6 20 oz. bottles a day, Fish, Chicken. No more Vodka, and Yeager.

Ugh

Honestly been doing really good on the diet end of it. Haven't had pop in over three weeks now and haven't had fast food in even longer. Been drinking water like a fish.

And I'm to that point where I want to go into the gym cause I feel so much better when I get out. I'm taking Sundays off and I really feel guilty about not going in.

Even on my days where I eat normal I'm still making smart choices and not eating more than a serving of each portion.

Oh and before last week I was in a 44x30 jeans, and now I'm able to fit into 42's comfortably and closing in on 40's very quickly. Shirts are also fitting much loser now.

I'm at 255-260 now and would love to be at 200 or less. I was at 175 sophmore/junior year of highschool and ran cross country and felt pretty good, guess the past 8 years or so have been rough.

Diet: Shitty, first off I'll try and cut out pop and fast food, then we'll go from there, not real sure where to start.

Exercise: Shitty again, maybe i'll start lifting some free weights and doing some treadmill/elliptical action? Or is swimming better?