Weight Loss Thread "2010/2011"

Benner

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting into a debate. Some muscle groups can be trained more often than others and recover faster. Ab's, tri's, and fourarm's are examples.

thats not really true, as if any muscle group is exhausted it still will need ample time to recover, most times though people do wimpy workouts where it doesnt take long to recover, ofcoarse they dont really get results.

thats why you should SlamFukinWeight and not pussy foot it in the gym to get real results.

muscles only grow during the recovery (resting) phase. providing you give them proper nutrition as well.

Compliments go a loooooooooong way.

Fuck yeah they do. I hate to say it but it almost makes all the hard work worth it. The real reward will be June 8th the first day im in vegas at a pool. Cant fucking wait.

Not getting into a debate. Some muscle groups can be trained more often than others and recover faster. Ab's, tri's, and fourarm's are examples.

I agree. When I worked with a trainer she always stressed resting your muscles but that there are some muscle groups that you can work more than other's. But only b/c those muscle groups are always worked constantly, such as your abs. You cant go a day without using your ab muscles.

I agree. When I worked with a trainer she always stressed resting your muscles but that there are some muscle groups that you can work more than other's. But only b/c those muscle groups are always worked constantly, such as your abs. You cant go a day without using your ab muscles.

how are your abs coming then? are they visibly thick? can they support a 550lb squat?

if you work them lightly you can work them every day not making much progress, but if you really work them and increase their strength then they need as much rest as any muscle group, fact of the matter if you work them like they should be worked any group needs the same time for recovery.

how are your abs coming then? are they visibly thick? can they support a 550lb squat?

if you work them lightly you can work them every day not making much progress, but if you really work them and increase their strength then they need as much rest as any muscle group, fact of the matter if you work them like they should be worked any group needs the same time for recovery.

Sorry man im not a pro, a body builder or a trainer so i dont have any answer's to your questions. What I do know is what I've learned, there there are limited muscular groups that can be worked on less rest than other's. What your saying sounds perfectly plausible, doing light work daily wont require any rest time. I dont do abs everyday and jesus christ if i could visibly see my abs do you think I would be posting in a weight loss thread? Im sure there are a ton of people who know a hell of alot more than I do about anatomy of the human body on this board (including yourself im sure), im not giving advice simply replying to Joe's original post so relax.

UPDATE: I've lost 3lbs since last friday. Im not getting too excited over these kinds of gains though it could just be water weight. One thing I do know is that i feel alot better, look better and my clothes fit better or are looser. Ive got plenty of time to get to my goal weight so im going to keep doing what im doing. Anyone else have an update?

Smokinghawk is a pro. He knows everything there is to know about everything. K? He can lift the most weight, drink the most beer and fucks supermodels on the reg. I think we should all just kneel down and kiss his pinky ring.

not a pro, but getting close to elite, pretty sure i can lift the most weight out of the guys on this board, I dont drink beer, or drink very much in general, but i have been hitting some hotties lately

funny how people are suborn and wont take advice to get to the next level, so you can kneel down and kiss something else....:p

Did some pretty heavy work on my back and shoulders today. Couldn't hardly move or lift any weight after I finished my workout but I feel great now. My biggest thing I'm noticing is my arms and shoulders are definetily getting larger.

not a pro, but getting close to elite, pretty sure i can lift the most weight out of the guys on this board, I dont drink beer, or drink very much in general, but i have been hitting some hotties lately

funny how people are suborn and wont take advice to get to the next level, so you can kneel down and kiss something else....:p

I am LEET!!!!!!

Had my best week since I started keeping track. Didn't even bother posting last week cause I was pissed about it but this week I went from 314.2 down to 310.3 and dropped 1.7 inches.

Also can't edit my original post anymore so here's a new set of stats

Name----------------Benner

Starting Weight------318lbs

Last Week-----------314.2lbs

Current Weight-------310.3lbs

Starting Total Measurement------ 236.2

Last Week Measurement----------227.9

Current Measurement-------------226.2

Didn't even bother posting last week cause I was pissed about it

That's how it was for me this past week.

I had an extra "cheat day" and was sick for a couple of days so I didn't do anything like exercise last week until Saturday. According to my scale I'm down 1% body fat but the same weight, so maybe it's not all bad. I don't have alot of faith in the BF percentages from my scale though. I may have to dig out my calipers.

That's how it was for me this past week.

I had an extra "cheat day" and was sick for a couple of days so I didn't do anything like exercise last week until Saturday. According to my scale I'm down 1% body fat but the same weight, so maybe it's not all bad. I don't have alot of faith in the BF percentages from my scale though. I may have to dig out my calipers.

I wish I'd actually spent the money and found out my original bodyfat percentage. I've only lost 8 pounds but I've been doing a hell of a lot of strength training. I'm 310 and I've now got a few areas like my chest where you can see muscle flexing underneath fat. I'm pretty sure if i wasn't gaining muscle in place, Id have lost around 15 to 20 lbs by now.

Oh and I've probably had around 20 to 30 people ask me if I've been loosing weight or tell me I'm looking alot better now.

I wish I'd actually spent the money and found out my original bodyfat percentage. I've only lost 8 pounds but I've been doing a hell of a lot of strength training. I'm 310 and I've now got a few areas like my chest where you can see muscle flexing underneath fat. I'm pretty sure if i wasn't gaining muscle in place, Id have lost around 15 to 20 lbs by now.

Oh and I've probably had around 20 to 30 people ask me if I've been loosing weight or tell me I'm looking alot better now.

Its hard not to get too caught up in just the weight number, but really it's all about how much better it makes you feel/look.

Put in one of the hardest workouts of my life tonight. Ran for 10 minutes, eliptical for 15 minutes, and heavy shoulders chest and arms work for an hour and a half. Couldn't hardly stand afterwards. But I'm already feeling great and renewed energy.

Right there with you. Much smaller scale, but I'm only 5'9" After only a few weeks and mild workouts, I have a whole new level of energy. I even have trouble getting tired.

I Topped out at 190bs in Dec. about busting out of my waist. Very difficult for me to be in 36" pants when I used to be 155-165lbs in 30-31's.

I've only lost about 8lbs, cheated a little tonight, but between watching food intake and mild exercise including weights, I fee a lot better and for the first time in months, I've actually needed a belt.

On my way to 165 before I celebrate. Should be there about April.

Haven't kept up totally with this thread but exciting (for me anyways) update. :) I'll just quote my orig. post and edit it.

Name: Randy

Starting Weight: 421 lbs.

Current Weight: 321 lbs.

Starting Total Measurement: ?

Current Measurement: ?

You read it right. 100 lost in well under a years time. :)

Do CrossFit. Eat a paleo diet.. You'll lose weight and get strong.

the basics----

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense.

Haven't kept up totally with this thread but exciting (for me anyways) update. :) I'll just quote my orig. post and edit it.

You read it right. 100 lost in well under a years time. :)

that's great, good determination and will power, keep it up and you'll be healthier and live longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very good week this week. Dropped nearly 5 pounds. Went from 309.4 last week to 304.6 this week. I'd love to see 29x this time next week but I doubt that'll happen. Seems like I go in cycles where I won't hardly loose anything one week but then will drop like crazy the next.

Also for any body wondering how I'm weighing myself. I do it every Tuesday morning before I eat breakfast. Place the scales on the same spot on the floor and weigh a minimum of 5 times and take the average.