big accident on polaris

Aaron

i'd hazard a guess that the HP car had someone pulled over when dingus decided he'd stop paying attention and rammed into the back of it...hope all officers/passengers are ok

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/12/26/story-columbus-polaris-parkway-crash-closure.html?sid=102

I think that the patrol car was going through the intersection when the Soul made a left in front of it...there was a story on ABC6 about it, but I didn't catch the location, but there can't have been too many OHP cars in accidents yesterday.

this is correct. from what I saw the soul was launched into a buick SUV

You must drive with due regard when responding to any run, on the other hand people pay no attention to an emergency vehicle with bright shiny rotating/ flashing lights and loud sirens!

GO right for Lights and Sirens! People can't seem to grasp this. If You can't see the Big 95K lb red firetruck comming or cruiser SLOW DOWN and start scanning. And Always never assume an intersection is safe to pass through.

You must drive with due regard when responding to any run, on the other hand people pay no attention to an emergency vehicle with bright shiny rotating/ flashing lights and loud sirens!

GO right for Lights and Sirens! People can't seem to grasp this. If You can't see the Big 95K lb red firetruck comming or cruiser SLOW DOWN and start scanning. And Always never assume an intersection is safe to pass through.

Neighbors kid is in Driver's Ed...this is NOT covered in their textbook (well, pamphlet)...seriously.

Neighbors kid is in Driver's Ed...this is NOT covered in their textbook (well, pamphlet)...seriously.

Pretty sure it was covered in mine, though that is pushing something like 20 years ago already (eep!)

One question for the officers on here... what are you supposed to do in situations where there's really no good direction you can go in to clear way for the emergency vehicle. Places like a bridge where there is no shoulder, or a traffic jam.

Pretty sure it was covered in mine, though that is pushing something like 20 years ago already (eep!)

One question for the officers on here... what are you supposed to do in situations where there's really no good direction you can go in to clear way for the emergency vehicle. Places like a bridge where there is no shoulder, or a traffic jam.

If there is no berm to pull over.....then vehicles are to proceed until off a bridge. Traffic jambs....just do the best you can.

You'd be surprised.........I'm telling ya people freak out when they encounter these situations. You'd think it's common sense! it's not.

No it is Common Sense. Problem is not many people have Common Sense anymore. Everyday the world as a whole gets stupider and blames it on someone else.