Dunno what to do.

Sam1647545489

Should I just strap a blower to my 350 or should I put a set of heads, cam, intake and carb on it. I wanna make close to 400 hp, both will cost about the same if I buy a used blower. Also the blower won't require me taking the whole motor apart.

Thoughts?

I would say if you are planning on keeping the boat around for a while and will be sticking with a SB, I would build the motor first and build it for the blower. Actually, that's exactly what I did do. LOL :cool:

Blowers do sound cool though and I do love the instant power. How well will your current motor hold up to the blower?

Guest 614Streets
Will, the heads are just stock iron heads. The motor is pretty much stock with a lil better then stock cam. I thought about doin a top end rebuild with vortex heads, bigger cam and better upper parts, but I dunno if I wanna tear into the motor yet.

Spray it. The Zo6 loved it ;)

Haha, tell me about it. I decided to go with a set of jegs aluminum heads, a roller style camshaft, MSD ignition, intake and prolly a 600 cfm carb. Should net me another 75-100 hp plus allow me to spin the motor alil higher. 23 pitch prop and I should be anywhere in 65-70 mph range.

I haven't picked anything out yet. I was just stating what I was gonna buy. There is a 650 double pumper I could get. I don't want to go with to big of a cam but I want something decent. The heads are just the Sbc aluminum jegs brand heads listed on their site. The carb can be whatever.

I haven't picked anything out yet. I was just stating what I was gonna buy. There is a 650 double pumper I could get. I don't want to go with to big of a cam but I want something decent. The heads are just the Sbc aluminum jegs brand heads listed on their site. The carb can be whatever.

Cool, we are just making sure you don't regret your choices and have too buy things more then once. Or, that you have a setup that doesn't work well together.

On the cam, post up which you are thinking about. Or research it on some of those boating sites I gave you. If you ask for input from someone somewhere else, make sure they know you have a stock exhaust. Without changing exhausts, reversion can be a huge issue with too much cam.

Cool, we are just making sure you don't regret your choices and have too buy things more then once. Or, that you have a setup that doesn't work well together.

On the cam, post up which you are thinking about. Or research it on some of those boating sites I gave you. If you ask for input from someone somewhere else, make sure they know you have a stock exhaust. Without changing exhausts, reversion can be a huge issue with too much cam.

hows yours running?

One to run fast and one to run faster.

Little one should run 85 or so.

Boats going to Michigan for some fiberglass work shortly.

What drive did you end up with?

What glass work you having done?

I told you about my drive - it's the arneson. ;)

No, its just a reman Alpha. I'm not ready for the swap yet.