Top this build thread.....

Evolved8

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1575817 (the summed up version posted by a bimmer forum member)

The LONNNNGG from start to finish 10page plus: http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...ne-2007-a.html

Someone who puts that kind of money and time in something deserves alot of respect.

Amazing. The materials science and engineering in this is astounding. How about the block where the whole lower half is one giant main bearing cap?

But when I see stuff like this, I have to wonder; is this the automotive equivalent to a body-builder? Yeah, it runs and makes power on the dyno, but with a curve like that, just how useable is it? Is it even feasible to take around a track? Hell, is it even worthwhile to drag race with such a small power band?

I'm not trying to take anything away from the build itself. But it looks like it's only purpose is to be a dyno queen.

I like how there isn't a head gasket used, just wow on a lot of the engineering.

I have to add though, the power curve on the gyno graph is absolutely retarded and thw power is almost useless. Period. But more of a bragging thing IMO. Not to take anything away from the car, now put a smaler turbo on it and keep the redline way high and holy shit that would be a fun car.

funny cars use nothing like this clutch setup and there are way bigger

Top Fuel/Funny Car/Pro Mod clutches are similar, but way bigger.

Unless that guy has giant hands, a top fuel clutch is bigger in diamter than a basketball if I remember correctly.

Oh and it is some neat stuff and way to push the edge I guess.

Top Fuel/Funny Car/Pro Mod clutches are similar, but way bigger.

Unless that guy has giant hands, a top fuel clutch is bigger in diamter than a basketball if I remember correctly.

Oh and it is some neat stuff and way to push the edge I guess.

Its detailed thats for sure. You have to have that unlimited bank account though.