How should I handle this with Audi?

Nitrousbird

Audi sucks, we get it. By all means please go buy a different vehicle as soon as humanly possible.

It's my wife's car, she likes it, so it stays. Hell, the next one will probably be a B8 A4/S4. I like the car too, but some of these issues shouldn't be happening.

God forbid I ask how I can get an issue resolved that shouldn't be happening, and it obviously isn't an uncommon issue if someone else posts having the same issue with their A4.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is slightly off topic, but my 5 series was really bad about brake dust too. Same as you said, 2 days and the fronts wheels were black. As soon as it needed new pads I went to ceramics and that really helped. The wife's X5 is the same and will be changed to ceramic as soon as it needs them.

Like I said, kinda off topic, but it may help with whatever fix you go with on the caps and help prevent from happening again.

Edited by FormulaMatt

You're second owners I take by it being CPO. Have you had dealer do all services since you bought it. If you have, then you're talking to the wrong people. If not then they see it as the car has been neglected and probably won't work with you.

if that is the only issue you've had with the car after two years and 50,000 miles, your doing alright i think. The wheels on my dad's escalade stated to peel after only the first winter, and they wouldn't do anything about it at all. I cleaned and polished those wheels on a very regular basis, it was just a poor chrome job. My mother just sold her 04 911, after 92,000 miles of heavy dusting from Porsche OE pads those wheels were flawless.

I'd just get them fix yourself, buy new ones or just live with it.

Please name a GM back in 08 you could buy used between 20-30k that:

- Had AWD

- Got at least mid 20's MPG on the highway

- Nice interior

Name me ANY GM that qualified. I know I didn't find one. The other domestic camps had nothing either.

I don't care if it got blasted by brake dust for 100k miles, it still isn't acceptable.

CTS4, SRX.

i'm sorry the world doesn't revolve around joe. you used to be a cool guy but now your just another cry baby on here.

CTS4, SRX.

i'm sorry the world doesn't revolve around joe. you used to be a cool guy but now your just another cry baby on here.

SRX is an SUV that also doesn't get mid-20's on the highway.

CTS-4 came out as an 08 - you couldn't get one for under 40k at that time, let alone under 30k. Had an 06-07 been offered in AWD, it would have been considered.

Sorry if I was asking for help on an issue that I feel should rest on Audi's shoulders.

My experience (worked for vw for 8 years) is they may help if you contact Audi through there 800 number and you have had ALL your maintenance's through the dealer done. They love it when customers spend money for service at the dealer and are willing to go 50/50 on parts or even 100%. If you do your own services or go elsewhere I would say you are screwed they wont even try to think about helping.

My experience (worked for vw for 8 years) is they may help if you contact Audi through there 800 number and you have had ALL your maintenance's through the dealer done. They love it when customers spend money for service at the dealer and are willing to go 50/50 on parts or even 100%. If you do your own services or go elsewhere I would say you are screwed they wont even try to think about helping.

The dealer has done all the service except:

- Tires / alingment

- Battery (they wanted almost 3x what it cost me to do it myself - f' that)

- Tail light bulb

The for most of the car's life, it was serviced free by Audi. Warranty work, a bunch of recalls, and oil changes have always been done by Audi (costs about the same for Audi to change the oil as for me to do it myself, assuming I use all the Audi-specific stuff).

SRX is an SUV that also doesn't get mid-20's on the highway.

CTS-4 came out as an 08 - you couldn't get one for under 40k at that time, let alone under 30k. Had an 06-07 been offered in AWD, it would have been considered.

Sorry if I was asking for help on an issue that I feel should rest on Audi's shoulders.

STS-4 would have been an option.

New car bumper-to-bumper warranties cover 99% of things that go wrong as long as it's not caused by something that you did to the car (wear and tear). CPO warranties cover more like an extended warranty you would buy from a dealership. They don't cover most things made of rubber or plastic. Sorry, sounds like you're SOL.

If you get these covered under warranty please post the dealership name.

I've never seen something like this covered when it is obviously negligence. Every vehicle owner's manual I've seen has a section on washing the car.

If it was negligence, shouldn't the rest of the wheel show some sort of wear? The finish on the wheels is perfect except for the center caps.

On a slightly related note, I had a set of KMC (aftermarket) wheels on a previous car, and the center caps started crusting up pretty badly with flaking and whatnot. I kept the wheels VERY clean, including the rear of the wheels, barrels, etc. Discount tire, where I bought them, agreed that they shouldn't show that kind of wear and replaced them for me for free. I don't remember exactly how long the wheels were on the car when this happened, but it was outside of their "normal" warranty.

Obviously your wheels are factory, and you're working with a dealer, but it's something to think about.

Discount Tires did something similar for me with my chrome replica's back in the day.

If you get these covered under warranty please post the dealership name.

I've never seen something like this covered when it is obviously negligence. Every vehicle owner's manual I've seen has a section on washing the car.

Its a known issue. Most of the people have no luck but a few here and there have had them fixed by the dealership. On Joes end with it being a known issue he could have caught that before purchasing... but paint on the center cap isnt something that falls under a deal breaker in most of our minds.

On Joes end with it being a known issue he could have caught that before purchasing... but paint on the center cap isnt something that falls under a deal breaker in most of our minds.

Umm, they were fine when she bought the car over 2.5 years ago. Didn't notice them peeling until this past summer.

If it was like that when she bought it, you can be sure it would have been cared for prior to getting the car (like a couple other minor issues were).