CR life experts help me decide

Miller

It's good to be back in Burbank! I find myself in a little debacle here and I know that if CR's good for anything, it's giving advice on how to spend your money. I got my graduation present down to a couple of things so let's see what you think.

Package #1

A nice modern-fit suit (maybe x2)

Ridonculously big flat screen

Maybe a fine bottle of liquor and a box of stogies.

Benefits: I look goooood and you're all life sized when I shoot you in Black ops.

Package #2

A CD and I sit on it. (no innuendo)

Here and there investing.

Benefit: savings and responsibility.

Package #3

TKO 500

Driveshaft yoke

Bellhousing

Dyno Brian gets finished up on the 5 liter tune

Benefit: I whistle down the roads with the wind in my hair and rejoin the car community I miss.

Package #4

Take money to bank for exchange of equal amount of $5 bills. Make it rain.

Benefit: Say I've "made it rain" and have it be true.

#2's the most responsible method, but fuck CD's....especially right now. Invest using other methods and 'make it rain' later.

OR....be cool and finish the 5liter...and we can line em up come spring. ;)

Keep it coming. The money's there but I don't have a good enough "push" in any direction to decide yet. As for a CD, I agree, but it's a mindless move that will "tie" the money.

Chad you flip that 4 sided coin of yours and tell me where it lands!

Well, you can do #4, then use that money to do #1, 2 or 3.

Any of them look OK, but I think at least 1 suit should be included in anything you decide. That also depends on what your current suit suite looks like. If you already have a few (at least 1) nice suit(s) that fit you well which you fell good going to interviews in, maybe not needed. But there is nothing like going to your first interview with a fresh new custom fitted to you suit!

EDIT: Typed too slow, I agree with Nitrousbird.

Well, you can do #4, then use that money to do #1, 2 or 3.

Any of them look OK, but I think at least 1 suit should be included in anything you decide. That also depends on what your current suit suite looks like. Nothing like going to your first interview with a fresh new custom fitted to you suit!

EDIT: Typed too slow, I agree with Nitrousbird.

Very true Jesse. I already have a job though and i am getting promoted when I graduate in 13 weeks (this is my money buying a present to myself, not a graduation gift from others). Oh, and I got a pretty fly wardrobe already, mostly express shirts, ties and pants. But damn I like fitted suits. It reminds me of how Rob Burgandy felt in Anchorman.

Why not put the money in the bank and sit on it. This is the method I live by. Extra money in the bank to use whenever I want. If you ever want to take a trip, the money is there, or even if you already have money but just want to supplement it you can pull some out. I cant begin to explain how nice it is to just have money sitting in the bank you know its yours and you can do whatever you want with it, whenever you want. Its really a liberating experience.

Guest 614Streets
It's good to be back in Burbank! I find myself in a little debacle here and I know that if CR's good for anything, it's giving advice on how to spend your money. I got my graduation present down to a couple of things so let's see what you think.

Package #1

A nice modern-fit suit (maybe x2)

Ridonculously big flat screen

Maybe a fine bottle of liquor and a box of stogies.

Benefits: I look goooood and you're all life sized when I shoot you in Black ops.

Package #2

A CD and I sit on it. (no innuendo)

Here and there investing.

Benefit: savings and responsibility.

Package #3

TKO 500

Driveshaft yoke

Bellhousing

Dyno Brian gets finished up on the 5 liter tune

Benefit: I whistle down the roads with the wind in my hair and rejoin the car community I miss.

Package #4

Take money to bank for exchange of equal amount of $5 bills. Make it rain.

Benefit: Say I've "made it rain" and have it be true.

Let me tell you something. Im 32 years old. I have been out to denver and seen it rain on strippers at http://www.shotgun-willies.com/.

I have 2 50 inch big screen tv's and I ocassionally shoot anthony and his wife on Black ops by mistake.....

I have some nice suits.

I have been known to spend some money on a few cars in my life so far.

Invest your money and live for tomorrow. And then when your rich in a few years , give me a call. Siriusly....

Let me tell you something. Im 32 years old. I have been out to denver and seen it rain on strippers at http://www.shotgun-willies.com/.

I have 2 50 inch big screen tv's and I ocassionally shoot anthony and his wife on Black ops by mistake.....

I have some nice suits.

Invest your money and live for tomorrow. And then when your rich in a few years , give me a call. Siriusly....

Bump, ask him what he made off his sirius invest........

I dare you

I have some nice suits.

Do go on...

If investing were my biggest goal I would invest this money into the Mustang, flip it and get out from under it with 3x what I have now. Then put that lump sum into investing.

But the world's gonna end in 2012 and I want to go fayst.

Investing is always a gamble. Do you want to risk losing the money on the off chance you might make a little in return?

Ugh, hell ya. Are you not a gambling man? I've majored in Accounting and for a good deal of time in Finance, I've been given the tools - it would be a waste not to use them.

I am not a gambling man, no sir. So far "betting" on a sure thing has treated me very well. For me it was best to save and bank. You can pay cash for a house and then bank that payment each month for the rest of your life. Thats the kind of return on an investment I like.

Pay yourself first by saving most of it for now. Spend a small bit of it on something you'll enjoy and begin saving money until you can pay cash for shit. Trust me, wife and I worked our tails off in our mid 20's, paid off everything and have been debt free since.

Money doesn't necessarily buy happiness, but cash is king and being able to pay for anything you want is priceless. It won't come overnight, so again, pay yourself first every time. Never get in debt.

Call me dad.

I already have a job though and i am getting promoted when I graduate in 13 weeks (this is my money buying a present to myself, not a graduation gift from others). Oh, and I got a pretty fly wardrobe already, mostly express shirts, ties and pants.

After knowing this background and thinking on it some more I was just going to come back and suggest this exact thing.

Pay yourself first by saving most of it for now. Spend a small bit of it on something you'll enjoy and begin saving money until you can pay cash for shit.

At the very least get that six month (expenses) buffer if you don't have it already. Use this to start it.

If I landed a used deal on a tko or auto of some sort I would have "something to enjoy" with my car running again, and plenty of money to save for the future. I just had a lot of bad luck last year buying used and I'm scared to even bother anymore. I was fucked -royally - 3 times last summer. Shmuckingham was the only "used" transaction that didn't screw me in 2010. Thanks bub.