What do you guys think about this deal?

jerrodh

That looks to be a good deal. I am no "computer guru" or anything but that's everything you need except for a graphics card, monitor, keyboard and mouse to my knowledge. Usually Newegg is very good about selling compatible items and I would go for this if you are looking to build a computer. The ratings on all the items I checked are pretty good. That's a high powered relatively inexpensive desktop. The power supply is included and the case is expandable if you want to add more hard drives/blue ray/ etc.

Intel chips generally perform better but depending on what you are doing with the computer. you may not even notice. To best answer your question it would be helpful to know what you do with the computer. Audio/ video editing/browsing/movies/etc?

It would be average internet/audio/video use nothing extreme and some mid-level gaming. To be exact my friend wants to play Guild Wars 2 on it (specs not released currently) but if you know PC games you might be able to help benchmark it.

I think it will do just fine but I don't know much about PC's obviously so wanted a second opinion.

I think you would be fine with that one. Like not Brian sort of said, Intel is better than AMD in general but AMD is not terrible or anything. Mine is an Intel dual core 2.0GHZ 1gb and I get along just fine so I would say go for it.