what the fuckety fuck is going on in new albany/gahanna?

evan9381

i was coming home from the gym, sitting at the light at morse/hamilton...had a newish impala, 2000-ish intrepid, and some older SUV, all unmarked but had lights/sirens, go blowing through the light. they were heading east on morse rd, and turned left on hamilton (towards meijer)...then an ambulance went straight down morse...

so i get thru the light, and heard more sirens, got my cell phone camera out, and recorded a bunch more unmarked cars/vans/suvs with lights/sirens, a swat truck, some more cars go by...thought that was all, and when i got to 270, there was a swat van and a marked cruiser coming off 270nb going the same way

im uploading videos to youtube now...it sure was odd as fuck...one marked car out of all of them

didnt see anything on NBCs website just now..

My buddy who lives in Gahanna posted a pic of these cars on facebook in his neighborhood, like 2-3 weeks ago. Nothing was ever reported on it either. They all surrounded a house for a while across from his. They still don't know what was going on but they suspect a drug bust.

i wouldnt think it was any sort of a bust, and thats only because they were all split up...3 cars at first, ambulance ~10 seconds later, then the bulk of it i had to pull over i was half way to the freeway, so it was probably a couple minutes later...i figure if it was a bust, that swat truck would have led the way, and i dont think they'd be going out there with lights and sirens on...but who knows

vids still uploading.

turn your head to the side or EAD. im not messing with them. lol

1 -

2 -

3 -

(swat truck in this one)

4 -

5 -

this is all i got...i didnt even realize the swat van coming off 270 until they passed me...there was a big van blocking it. i thought it was coming down morse rd

silver car turning in 1st pic was the second one of them...SUV is the last of the first group of 3

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMAG0047.jpg?t=1297453997http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMAG0048.jpg?t=1297453997

Remember New Albany had that big bust on that Mexican Restaurant, maybe this is follow up stuff in the area.

Friend of mine is a K9 Unit in Johnstown and his dog was in on that bust....

RIP Vox, he died of a birth defect a few months ago (the dog)

anyways, I will ask him if he knows anything, tomorrow probably

Major drug bust would be my guess. All the crazy action is more than likely due to the people gettting a heads up and trying to get the hell out of Dodge before the boys came to get them. That mexican bust last year was not even that big they only got a few keys out of it from what I remember and not a major ammount of money. Those were low ball little guys they defently didnt get the man when they did that bust.

buddy just sent me a pic on FB...ABC6 is reporting they were serving a warrant on Redroyal ave, which is kinda back behind home depot off thompson rd, right where they were headed...looks like an officer was injured too

i didnt see anything on ABCs website though...my buddy sent me a pic from ABCs facebook page...apparently FB gets quicker attention then their website

WSYX ABC 6

Developing: Police outside home in 4000 block of Redroyal Ave. in N.E. Columbus; report of serving warrant; stay tuned!

38 minutes ago · Share.

WSYX ABC 6

Update: Officer on scene at Redroyal Avenue appears to have been injured; ABC6 on scene; more details soon.

28 minutes ago · Like · Comment · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1).

April Howard Any new info? What kind of warrant were they serving?

8 minutes ago.

i sent my CPD buddy a message on FB, and he said he would guess its a barricade situation with that many bodies heading out there...i guess they could have tried to serve a warrant and got some fire coming at them and backed down to call swat

now im gonna be at work til 9 waiting to get home and find out WTF was going on...news crews better get on it.