Luimoto Seat covers and custom seats by "a great day to ride"

Hoblick

well as some may know i had my seats sent out to a guy in florida.

i came across this guy online, from another forum. someone was talking about how well he did on there seats, and that his price was really good.

the website is

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

First things first i took a look at his website. The website is very lack luster, but informative, and if you email the guy he has a very prompt response, and will answer any and all questions you have. I know i bugged him a ton before committing.

its just one guy who is running this business based out of florida, and gurantees a 2 day turn around.

he uses Foamex foam

http://www.foamex.com/

Foamex is a leading producer of flexible polyurethane foam for the bedding, furniture, carpet cushion and automotive markets as well as technical foams for diverse applications in industrial, consumer, electronics and transportation industries.

and if you get the long distance upgrade for your seat he couple the foamex foam with Supracor

http://supracor.com/

Supracor is the originator of fusion-bonded honeycomb technology, a flexible form of aerospace honeycomb utilized in products that promote the health and safety of people and animals.

Supracor's Stimulite® Honeycomb is the basis of a revolutionary line of wheelchair cushions and mattresses for the prevention and healing of pressure sores. Its award-winning Cool Grip® saddle pads help prevent sore backs in horses and its rejuvenating personal care and fitness products are clean, safe and uniquely comfortable.

Found in exclusive department stores, including Galeries Lafayette in Paris, and at the world's finest hotels, Supracor's fabulous bath, body and spa products cleanse, exfoliate and massage for softer, smoother, younger-looking skin.

A versatile, engineered material, Supracor's shock-absorbing honeycomb can be found in high-performance applications such as bullet-proof vests, sports protective equipment and bumpers for amusement park rides.

Supracor's products are exclusively made in California's Silicon Valley from American-made, recyclable materials.

Now with all those great products in front of you, now you have the fact that he doesnt just throw your seat together. he rids your stock seat of the original foam, and builds from the seat pan up.

when you send your seats out you fill out and order form. which you include your height, weight, riding position, etc.. even send a picture of you on the bike so he knows exactly how to build the seat to you!

the prices are great!!

i had the front and rear seats on my r6 done. i had the long distance mod (which means he adds the supracor to the seat) to the front seat, the rear was just standard.

for those 2 seats it was $100

my buddy had his front seat on his R51 done same as my front, cost $75

you pay for shipping there and back.. basically go to ups pay for shipping down, pay for a return shipping label put it in the box and ship. our shipping together (both shipped in same box) was $34

so all together with $400 insurance coverage on the shipping

was $210

thats cheaper than a front corbin seat for just my r6.

also me and my buddy both ordered Luimoto seat covers for our bikes.

the covers are beautiful. and very very nice thick material. prices are good to.

front and rear on my r6 was $90 shipped.. his R51 was $50 shipped.

http://www.luimoto.com

spencer at a great day to ride never charged extra for putting the luimoto seat covers on either what a plus!

on with the seat guy...

turn around time was perfect.. takes about 3 days to get to florida.. he had 2 days of time on it then it took 3 days to get back.

he stood by his 2 day turn around.

anyways got these in last night, and all i can say is WOW!, they look amazing, the feel amazing. just sitting on the bike is a completely different feeling. i havent even got to ride the damn thing yet and i can tell already that this was well worth the money.

after i get to ride for a hour or so ill report back, but i am positive this will be the best purchase i have made for my bike.

on with pics

SL370830.jpg

SL370831.jpg

SL370829.jpg

SL370832.jpg

Does he do any work with piping? Id imagine you can pick what the covering is. I dont like that logo on it though. I may be a bit stubborn though. My words on how good the seat feels will sell more seats for him than some stupid logo. I will definetly look into this if i dont re-upholder the seats myself.

So like always it helps to look at the page before you post. That was nice that he put the covers on for you. I thought those were his covers. Thats what i get for not reading posts.

Edited by Mc_spirited

Does he do any work with piping? Id imagine you can pick what the covering is. I dont like that logo on it though. I may be a bit stubborn though. My words on how good the seat feels will sell more seats for him than some stupid logo. I will definetly look into this if i dont re-upholder the seats myself.

thats the luimoto logo not dudes

if you call up to luimoto and order one, tell him ryan with the r6 from ohio said to call for hookup. he told me to get there name out there, and he will give some good deals, like free shipping

Do they only do the bikes listed? I didnt see one for either of mine.

well got back from a nice hour or so long ride, and my ass feels great, and the wife has no complaints either.

id like to get out for something a bit longer like a 2-3 hour ride to really test it more.

but so far they are a HUUUUUUUGE improvement over stock.. highly recommend them.

• 4 months later...
Hoblick, how does the new seat feel now that you've put a few more days of riding?

I emailed the guy but I got an OOO

well i did lg that trip to virginia beach on it and all i can say is wow..

i have a sargent seat on my VFR now and i think the R6 seat done by spencer at "a great day 2 ride" had way better material in it than the sargent.

most likely ill be sending my stock VFR seat in to get done by spencer and then do a comparison.