What type of wheels??

blue98ls1

What type of rims do you think would look good on this car?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/928-2.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/928-1.jpg

I can't keep the wheels on it that it currently has because the front and rear are different sizes and it makes the car handle like ass. So I am looking for a set of wheels where the front and back wheels are the same size. Preferably in 16's.

Sorry I don't have any better pics of the car, my computer crashed and I lost most of my pics.

911 wheels......gotta keep the wheels Porsche, just from a different car. Gotta stay 16" though eliminates a lot of the newer 911 wheels.

When you say front and rear are different sizes I assume you are talking about diameter?

Width. The 928 has a Weissach rear end, which is a passive rear-wheel steering system. Different width front/rear tires give the car severe understeer.

We need 16x7 wheels w/ 225/50/16 tires, front 50mm offset and rear 70mm offset. The 968 wheels would work, but are very difficult to find.

Width. The 928 has a Weissach rear end, which is a passive rear-wheel steering system. Different width front/rear tires give the car severe understeer.

We need 16x7 wheels w/ 225/50/16 tires, front 50mm offset and rear 70mm offset. The 968 wheels would work, but are very difficult to find.

I would just leave it alone.. More parts for the Formula.

Probably one of the cleanest looks I've seen. A stockish style wheel looks the best on these cars IMO

Those look really good. I think almost any upscale aftermarket 80's wheel in a similar style would look very nice on the car

Those look really good. I think almost any upscale aftermarket 80's wheel in a similar style would look very nice on the car

Exactly. They look like a sportier wheel that could have came on the car. I hate when the wheels look off from the rest of the car. They need to look like they belong together.

This doesn't sound like anything that would come on anything but a Porsche.

Good luck with this, maybe a question better asked on a Porsche forum. Unless you want to spend a pretty penny on custom wheels. I also bet if you went to 17s you'd get more results.

gonna do wheels on a Porsche go big or go home

lol, not all p cars are created equal. Something tells me they don't want to spend 2-3k on wheels and tires on a 5k car.

If they do, thats cool, but I doubt it.

That's 5x130 right? A buddy has a set of 15x7 Phone dials et's are 17 and 23. Not sure if the 15 will clear the brakes though.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4304/phonedial.jpg

Not the actual wheel, but that style.

Edited by Patterson

Aw jones I'm touched you're still expressing your jealousy over my new wheels and car. Thanks for the compliment jones I'm gonna have to agree with the bbs wheels posted above. The classic European step lip is hot on those cars. Is that a turbo model?