Castrol TWS as your transmission fluid?

Das Borgen

this is just for my own info

I saw Turner Motorsport (just won Homestead Grand Am this past weekend, WOOT WOOT!!!!!) has a sale on Castrol TWS 10w60 oil and they say that the ZF trans on the C4 can take it..............

does anyone here actually use the TWS in their ZF (corvette or non-corvette)?

I've been wanting to try this oil in my engine for a few trackdays

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1034-bmw-castrol-10w60-tws-synthetic-oil-for-e46-m3-e39-m5-e60-m5-e63-m6.aspx

it's pretty spendy at 12 bucks a quart for a car (mine) that takes min 6.9qts :eek::eek:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR_sDkG6FHeWYLJx9-BzBvYB60oGcSKMWc6N1zqQH8HvI374E-&t=1

Edited by das borgen

^ that's not the answer I'm looking for..........I just want to know if anyone actually is using or has used TWS as trans fluid in their ZF or non-ZF and maybe what advantages they've seen...........

I run Redline ATF in my ZF (it's what BMW specs) but I have a feeling I'm going to use their MTF or Amsoil

• 2 weeks later...

The BMW ZF trans allow for engine oil in most of their trans anyway right? Atleast until they went to mtflt1 I think. We use 15w-40 or ATF whenever we do flushes on older cars. I cant imagine it would harm anything to use the 10w-60. But I dont have any first hand experience.

BTW I retail the TWS at $12.50 all day everyday at Kelly.