F*** It Im Buying a Boat

KennyFKINPowerz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh not really... maybe u had a shitty boat?

Sooo worth the time effort an money

It doesn't have anything to do with what kind of a boat. Do the math....

Use x cost x maintenance x gas x registration x trailer/registration x storage x insurance x misc crap/acc., etc..etc....unless you live on the lake and can use it year round (not in Ohio) or do some form of work with the boat, it's a terrible investment.

I live right by the lake and the $400-500 rental for a brand new ski-boat is far cheaper and better than what owning one costs year round.... :cool:

Then again, if you want to throw away money.....by all means get a BOAT! :D

Don't buy that boat, buy mine. 1989 Arriva, 5.0 V8 - 200 horsepower, open bow, low hours, great shape, needs nothing. Pics are here. I'm asking just $5900. Try finding another V8 open bow for this price and condition within a couple hundred miles... :nod:

Don't buy that boat, buy mine. 1989 Arriva, 5.0 V8 - 200 horsepower, open bow, low hours, great shape, needs nothing. Pics are here. I'm asking just $5900. Try finding another V8 open bow for this price and condition within a couple hundred miles... :nod:

awesome

It is. This is a great boat for a great price. I haven't even officially put it up for sale yet, but if he's really looking, this is a great deal... :)

I've been tossing around the idea of trading the t/a and suv for a nicer suv and a boat combo.. It just seems pointless anymore having a car that is fast on the street but slow at the track, where a bikini-removing boat would seem a lot more fun.

It doesn't have anything to do with what kind of a boat. Do the math....

Use x cost x maintenance x gas x registration x trailer/registration x storage x insurance x misc crap/acc., etc..etc....unless you live on the lake and can use it year round (not in Ohio) or do some form of work with the boat, it's a terrible investment.

I live right by the lake and the $400-500 rental for a brand new ski-boat is far cheaper and better than what owning one costs year round.... :cool:

Then again, if you want to throw away money.....by all means get a BOAT! :D

Until you want to use it multiple times a week...then it adds up really quick. We have a slip on the Scioto for the summer time and frequently leave the boat in for a week at a time so it makes it quick and easy to hop on it for a few hours in the evening, or weekends.

Boat was bought new in 1996, it's a Malibu Sunsetter LX, still holding up great and looks just as nice as it did 15 years ago...

Until you want to use it multiple times a week...then it adds up really quick. We have a slip on the Scioto for the summer time and frequently leave the boat in for a week at a time so it makes it quick and easy to hop on it for a few hours in the evening, or weekends.

Boat was bought new in 1996, it's a Malibu Sunsetter LX, still holding up great and looks just as nice as it did 15 years ago...

It works for some, I just don't have the time. I won't buy something that's going to spend more time on land than in the water.....it would be different if I had bought that lake house but I'd rather have jet-ski's for that personally.... ;)

Well its home. I went to Michigan this morning and picked it up. That fricken thing was all over the place on the way home. It scared the shit out of me a few times. It was windy as hell up there but I'm not so sure if that was all of the problem. I wonder if it being a single axle has anything to do with that. When I had my enclosed trailer I never had this kind of problem and it was dual axle.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2011-03-12142134.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2011-03-12101927.jpg

I like your boat a lot. I had to have a cuddy for the family though.

Well its home. I went to Michigan this morning and picked it up. That fricken thing was all over the place on the way home. It scared the shit out of me a few times. It was windy as hell up there but I'm not so sure if that was all of the problem. I wonder if it being a single axle has anything to do with that. When I had my enclosed trailer I never had this kind of problem and it was dual axle.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2011-03-12142134.jpg

look at all that tongue weight. get some leveling bars or a higher hitch. the trailer should ride level

look at all that tongue weight. get some leveling bars or a higher hitch. the trailer should ride level

Its not the tongue weight. I can actually pick it up and move it around pretty easy. The only hitch I had was a drop hitch. I need to take the ball off and turn it around. Could that be what was causing it to move around so much?

It could be. That boat looks really big to have a single axle trailer.... Only towed once with a single axle trailer and it sucked! Difficult to control and you always knew it was there (trying to kill you)! 2-3 axle trailers only for me from now on.

Yep flip the receiver, if that doesn't get it get a longer drop/raise.

that's the cheap fix

It could be. That boat looks really big to have a single axle trailer.... Only towed once with a single axle trailer and it sucked! Difficult to control and you always knew it was there (trying to kill you)! 2-3 axle trailers only for me from now on.

last resort

like I said before the trailer should ride level and the truck shouldn't squat. no matter what kind of trailer you are towing.

I need to take the ball off and turn it around. Could that be what was causing it to move around so much?

YES!

This too!

Making it level will help a hell of alot though.