Nelson Ledges June Track Day

theweiser1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

specifics on instruction?

will there be designated instructors?

I know we are going to have a couple instructors. Let me verify how many we will have for sure. Everyone is welcome to ride with some of us who have driven the track many times. However let me get back to you on specifics.

Alright, I've never run at Nelson before. What all do I need to know to register and get on track? (FWIW I've driven Mid Ohio, and I Auto-X frequently). I'm guessing I would be Group C?

Register via the link below and then check out the other links for event info, rules and a video of my lap last year to get to know the track ( you can also find some youtube as well). Bring a printed copy of your driver pass to the event. It will be attached to the confirmation email.

Registration link:

http://torquedracing.eventbrite.com/

Event details:

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/event-details/

Rules:

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/driving-rules-and-information/

Video:

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/video/

You can pm me or my email address is on the website.

Thanks,

Shawn

I wish I could get by with just better pads,even with better rotors and good pads I still warped the rotors and destroyed the pads at vir last fall. Just going to finally do it right with some brembos up front and I've contacted them about something for the rear as well. Ill need them as I plan on MO this summer and will be two driving the car at road america.

I wish I could get by with just better pads,even with better rotors and good pads I still warped the rotors and destroyed the pads at vir last fall. Just going to finally do it right with some brembos up front and I've contacted them about something for the rear as well. Ill need them as I plan on MO this summer and will be two driving the car at road america.

If your looking for used...

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/174504-fs-2000-Cobra-R-brake-kit

I bought my brembos from a guy on mod fords for $680. They even had SS lines. The brakes are awesome!

Thats a good deal it seems, already ordered them from American Muscle as they had the best price on them. They're telling me they will be in around the 1st of June and better be as I'm about to register for Nelson on the 12th.

Can't wait to get back on the track!

Registered!!

Thats a good deal it seems, already ordered them from American Muscle as they had the best price on them. They're telling me they will be in around the 1st of June and better be as I'm about to register for Nelson on the 12th.

Can't wait to get back on the track!

Registered!!

Thanks for registering. We are up to 16 drivers so far....

Heres an in car video from our event last October.

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/nelson-ledges-june-track-day-register-now/

16 only so far? Dang!

BTW I'm registered FTMFW!!!!

If this were fb I would like my own comment.

:lolguy:

Thanks for registering! People wait until the last minute usually. It goes crazy about 1-2 weeks out. :)

Is this going on rain or shine? If not what's the refund info?

Where is everyone staying Saturday night? Any hotels I should avoid?

What's the dress code? Do you need long pants like drag racing, tennis shoes ok? Etc etc?

I'd really like an instructor ride along at least one of my passes, I've never done it and although I am comfortable driving at speed, I'm sure there are improvements I can make. How can I make that happen?

I understand Nelson Ledges isn't responsible if you wreck your car into a wall or something, but what happens if another driver wrecks into me? Do I just sue him if he doesn't cough up the money right then? I'm assuming our regular car insurance is invalid on a track?

What is everyone doing to get their car's ready for the event?

Not necessarily for the event, but prior plans and will definitely help...

17's w/ 235/45's

Springs/Struts/Shocks

Alignment

Larger rear sway bar

New bushings here and there

Flush fluids

New pads and rotors

Ready to have a good time for my first outing.

Is this going on rain or shine? If not what's the refund info?

Where is everyone staying Saturday night? Any hotels I should avoid?

What's the dress code? Do you need long pants like drag racing, tennis shoes ok? Etc etc?

I'd really like an instructor ride along at least one of my passes, I've never done it and although I am comfortable driving at speed, I'm sure there are improvements I can make. How can I make that happen?

I understand Nelson Ledges isn't responsible if you wreck your car into a wall or something, but what happens if another driver wrecks into me? Do I just sue him if he doesn't cough up the money right then? I'm assuming our regular car insurance is invalid on a track?

Not necessarily for the event, but prior plans and will definitely help...

17's w/ 235/45's

Springs/Struts/Shocks

Alignment

Larger rear sway bar

New bushings here and there

Flush fluids

New pads and rotors

Ready to have a good time for my first outing.

As of now its rain or shine. In the event it is not possible to get on track at all and Nelson will allow me to cancel/reschedule the event everyone will be given a full refund.

Last year my wife and I stayed in Streetsboro. Its about 30 min from the track, but the closest town that has reasonable hotels. Heres the link to the hotel we stayed in. If you use priceline you can get it much cheaper. We got it last year for $45 a night.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/clesw-towneplace-suites-cleveland-streetsboro/

Atire is same as drag racing. I wore a short sleeved shirt last year and that is fine. Its a laid back event.

Email me your name and info once your signed up and I will put you on the list for a ride along/ instructor. We will have a hand full of them.

Most car insurance will not cover damage. Some do if its an official HPDE track day but this one isn't. Your responsible for your car and any damage you incur. Torqued Racing nor Nelson is responsible for any damage to your vehicle or some else's vehicle. Nor will be mediating any such conversations. You have to remember there is risk involved with any track day. I would hope if such an event were to occur both parties could work to resolve the issue.

Lastly, I want to be clear this event is a LAPPING day NOT a RACE day. We are putting events together like this to offer a safe, fun and affordable way to put their vehicles on a track/road course. My suggestion to all is that whether you have an instructor with you or not to take it easy on your first session and really get a feel for your car and the track. Again its not a race so take your time and gradually push the car as you feel comfortable.

Last year we had 18 cars in group c which is 1st timers. Most had never driven on a track and/or at nelson. None of group c went off track or damaged their vehicles!

Thanks,

Shawn

Cool. I understand lapping but passing is allowed in designated areas correct? I just don't want to be constantly stuck behind someone that isn't comfortable/able to push the limits of their car.

Cool. I understand lapping but passing is allowed in designated areas correct? I just don't want to be constantly stuck behind someone that isn't comfortable/able to push the limits of their car.

Yes. Passing is allowed in the front stretch and back by point by. All of this will be covered in the drivers meeting that is mandatory. Check our site once it gets closer for a full schedule.

I made a few changes this year. New tune, subframe connectors, new fuel system, mm solid steering shaft and solid rack bushings. I'm ready :)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92819

looks good and all but what about stuff that matters on road course the most? tires? pads? suspension setup?

looks good and all but what about stuff that matters on road course the most? tires? pads? suspension setup?

Tires are reasonable ....as I said ...subframe connectors, solid steering shaft ( excessive heat toasted the stock rag joint in the shaft last track day), the car already has 13 brembos with new pads all atound, new high temp brake fluid. Fuel system was to keep the stock pump from burning up due to the supercharger and bap.

Tires are reasonable ....as I said ...subframe connectors, solid steering shaft ( excessive heat toasted the stock rag joint in the shaft last track day), the car already has 13 brembos with new pads all atound, new high temp brake fluid. Fuel system was to keep the stock pump from burning up due to the supercharger and bap.

Solidly equipped and well prepped. Those power numbers are impressive.

Almost makes me feel bad that all I do is bleed the brakes, change fluid in diff and tranny and swap pads for my track days! I feel under-prepared.

P.S. I'm still very interested and have no problems insturcting, but my wife is heading out of town on a business trip on the 12th and I need to make sure we've got arrangements for her to get to the airport before I 100% commit.

Andy

PMd

Solidly equipped and well prepped. Those power numbers are impressive.

Almost makes me feel bad that all I do is bleed the brakes, change fluid in diff and tranny and swap pads for my track days! I feel under-prepared.

P.S. I'm still very interested and have no problems insturcting, but my wife is heading out of town on a business trip on the 12th and I need to make sure we've got arrangements for her to get to the airport before I 100% commit.

Andy

me 2