Nelson Ledges June Track Day

theweiser1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet!...... no need to switch to cobalts then :D

MO is harsh on brakes....T1, T7 and T11 can surely make your rotors glow

VIR is even tougher, despite the longer track its much faster and has several places that you have to use them for just a bit which keeps them from cooling down too much.

• 2 weeks later...
What are rules regarding passengers? Age limits and what not.

As far as I know they have to be at lease 18 years of age. You can have passengers if you wish. Let me check with management to be sure on the age. My wife rode with me last year ;)

Getting the 3.73's installed soon and then sub frame connectors. Thats all for this year. can't wait to get out on the track!

Hah, I've had my subframe connectors for almost 2 years! Just that they're still in the box! Been wanting to do 3.73 gears, I hear they really wake up these cars. I have wheels and tires covered, just need to get the rest of the parts and get the damned exhaust fixed and I'm ready to go!

Hah, I've had my subframe connectors for almost 2 years! Just that they're still in the box! Been wanting to do 3.73 gears, I hear they really wake up these cars. I have wheels and tires covered, just need to get the rest of the parts and get the damned exhaust fixed and I'm ready to go!

Well mine currently has 4.10's ... but since the I added the super charger they are really limiting. I look forward to meeting you at the track.

Thats plenty on Azenis, those are good almost until the cords show through. You wont use that much at all on just a single day at Nelson.

New wheels and tires are on, suspension and brakes next! Should be able to make this event.

• 3 weeks later...
does this organization have any sort of insurance or anything like that?

definitely the latter

Insurance is taken car of through Nelson Ledges. Their general lapping day insurance covers our lapping day.

detail link to their policy?

a friend is curious

I have asked Kerrie at Nelson to provide me further details. I am curious, is the question about if his car is damaged while lapping at the event, or what type of coverage is he looking for?

I have asked Kerrie at Nelson to provide me further details. I am curious, is the question about if his car is damaged while lapping at the event, or what type of coverage is he looking for?

all encompassing...so yes on car being damaged and how the track (Nelson Ledges) would have to be compensated for any damage it incurrs .....tire walls, Jersey barriers, trees, grass?........

don't laugh...Barber motorsport park in Alabama makes you pay for landscaping if you have an off and tear up their (admittedly pristine) grass/flowers/field..Visually speaking (facilities, grass, etc) tho, Barber and Nelson are night and day

thanks theweiser

all encompassing...so yes on car being damaged and how the track (Nelson Ledges) would have to be compensated for any damage it incurrs .....tire walls, Jersey barriers, trees, grass?........

don't laugh...Barber motorsport park in Alabama makes you pay for landscaping if you have an off and tear up their (admittedly pristine) grass/flowers/field..Visually speaking (facilities, grass, etc) tho, Barber and Nelson are night and day

thanks theweiser

Thanks for the details. I will forward it on to them and let you know. I know last year we had 2 or 3 off tracks and no one was charged for damage to tire wall or grass. There is no insurance on your vehicle. I know that for sure. If you tear it up its on you. You are required to sign a waiver at the gate (standard procedure for just about all motorsport events) releasing my company and Nelson Ledges from any and all liability. I will reply back once I have confirmed all of the details from Nelson Ledges.

thanks theweiser

Response from management at Nelson:

If a person maliciously destroys property I will hold the Club responsible, it can go after the offender.

If a car blows an engine and I find out that the driver knew it was going to go but didn't care or if at the first sign of trouble the driver does not

pull off into the grass and continues on the track surface because they didn't want to pull off...I will hold the club responsible.

Will go after the individual if this happens. They are really laid back and easy going. If you go off track and mess up some tires, we are not going to be charged. The point i'm trying to drive home is be reasonable and use common sense and everyone will have a good time. Last year as i mentioned in an earlier post we had a few people go off track and into the tire wall. No one was charged as it wasn't intentional, things happen.