What is big brother up to????

crummer

So I didn't move around the city much during the winter but as the weather has gotten better and I venture out more I have noticed some type of new "traffic" monitoring system on the highways. My radar detector tells me they are monitoring speed via X-band somewhere around the 26.18 Mhz frequency.

Anyone on know anything about it? Are they just monitoring average speed in general or is it something more? They seem to be monitoring in bottle neck areas or around interchanges.

My brother in law would know(civil engineer for Gahanna). I should bump into him next weekend. I think Furloaf is right. Cities study the most dangerous sections to find out where the most accidents are, what are the speed bottle necks, and think of ways to fix them.

I wonder if that is part of that system you see one the boards about avg time to get to different highways/interstates.

So at midnight in Mexico with several cars traveling in the 60-160mph range, the ETA to downtown is lowered by dramatically by their average speed :ninja: