BMW 850ci

blue98ls1

Hit me up when you buy parts for a 2nd opinion. I have a few cheaper than dealer sources.

Will definately be looking for parts in the near future. :D Namely, either a windshield wiper motor or something electrical... they come on and work when they feel like it. Only has one speed. And turns off in random positions after about 20 seconds.... This made for a really fun drive in the rain today. lol

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were taking it to Newark for a full inspection thanks to Drewhop.

I'm thinking of adding a carport to the side of the house, the garage is getting full, lol.

We'll have it at the LSX dyno day tomorrow if people wanna swing by. My Formula will be there if the rain holds off.

looks nice but not as nice as the 944:D

lol

Funny enough, when I was reading some stuff online about these cars it said "Similar cars: Porsche 928". I guess similar in the way that the backseat shouldn't exist. Its another car Brandon would have to fall out of. :lol:

if I ever get an E31...it would have to be the 4.0 V8

the V12 is cool but each bank has its own TB (and they're linked) and its own engine computer (there are 2!)

it is very cramped in there.

at least with the V8, there are tons of common parts with the E38, E34 and even E36

like all BMWs of that era, the cooling system is very fragile and likely needs replaced every 80k miles (rad, hoses, water pump) because they WILL fail and blow Headgaskets faster than you can get down the strip in a funny car

general bmw advice

look up www.bmwfans.info and www.realoem.com to look up parts diagrams ans part numbers and cross ref part numbers

order parts from:

www.autohausaz.com free ship from 50

www.rmeuropean.com free ship from 65

www.ecstuning.com

www.getbmwparts.com <---dealer in MD with excellent prices

www.pelicanparts.com free ship from 75

when you're in over your head, take your car ONLY to Best Motorwerks by the airport. John and Anson will take care of you the right way.

good luck with your E31. I've never been a big fan of them personally (as well as the Z8) but they're nice.

Reason there never was an M8? price tag would have been par with the higher spec Porsches and would have never sold according to the bean counters

but BMW's secret underground M garage has an M8 prototype in there

http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/events/garching0411/mgarage/v12/m8-001.jpg

http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/events/garching0411/mgarage/v12/m8-012.jpg

Thanks for info so far, everyone.

Looks like we can pretty much do the labor ourselves and parts aren't insane. We looked into all this before we bought it.

I'm not going to knock that you got it, but it surprises me a little. I just don't understand why you give me shit for wanting a Vette, when now you guys have a Porsche and a BMW.