Goose Fight

Mensan

I bike the Scioto Mile downtown, and from River Watch down North Bank Park to Broad St bridge, there are dozens of these birds leaving nasty grass and thousands of droppings everywhere. Plus, they are nasty, hissing things.

I suggested cooking and feeding them to the homeless, when a buddy said that Canada geese are a protected species? Maiming/Killing one is a healthy fine??? For as many as there are, I find that hard to believe but whatever...

I bike the Scioto Mile downtown, and from River Watch down North Bank Park to Broad St bridge, there are dozens of these birds leaving nasty grass and thousands of droppings everywhere. Plus, they are nasty, hissing things.

I suggested cooking and feeding them to the homeless, when a buddy said that Canada geese are a protected species? Maiming/Killing one is a healthy fine??? For as many as there are, I find that hard to believe but whatever...

there is goose season in ohio, few months during winter...2 per day limit (last time i hunted, few years afo)...killing out of season = poaching

killing out of season = poaching

While normally I agree with this, I fucking HATE geese. They are the most worthless animal. I think they should be shot on sight. I thought about seeing what my 10mm would do to one last night, however, I didn't feel like going to jail.

:gabe:

Fitting end really. I'll have to dig up the pics of the beak stuck in my bumper of the Honda a few years back. Happened as I cruised down Snouffer by Bent Tree. Two were in the road then suddenly took flight passing right in front of me. BAM! Two down, one with it's mouth sticking out of my bumper. :cool:

My buddy had one get stuck in his fishing line last year at buckeye lake. He cut the line before it broke his rod, but the goose apparently dragged the baited hook into a snag and very clearly couldn't swim/fly away from whatever it was "tied" to out in the lake. Lolzy for sure, probably took it some time to get unstuck. Also, goose shit in the shoes is the worst, hard to to clean off and stains if you don't.