98 Honda Accord turned over but wouldn't start...and then.

So first thing this morning 7am, my accord wouldn't start, it would turn over, however it wouldn't fire. didn't have time to mess with it, but at 1130am went out and fired right up?

main relay, cap/rotor, key chip, thoughts?

thanks,

tom

Rockauto.com has the relays pretty cheap (my Integra was $20). I was on the freeway hit a bump and mine went out. I slammed the door on the side of the road after doing some trouble shooting. Gave it one more shot before calling a friend to rescue me....and she fired right up.

most likely main relay, they're shit on 6th gen accords.

of course could be something else. i've had the messed up starts since i got my car. it might do it once or twice then it won't bother me for 5 months. i just stopped caring.

Main relay fails when hot. Solder joints crack when hot causing the issue. I have never herd or seen 1 work after shutting the door in 5 years of being a Honda mechanic. Take out your relay and resolder it. Never had 1 fail after resoldering. Then start diagnosing. Can you smell fuel after cranking?

got home around 4pm and started right up, this is after it wouldn't start again this morning at 6am.

it now has new ngk plugs, cap/rotor, and wires...we will pray before bed tonight.

thanks to everyone that has had something to add...

tom