Waitress Added Tip to My Bill

Bigbird

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be a common thing in Polaris. It has happened to my wife a couple times - normally at lunch or after work drinks. She leaves a reasonable tip, and someone adds several extra dollars to it.

She always calls the manager, and it gets removed. IMO, fuck the manager - just call your CC company and dispute the charges. Managers normally just fix the "mistake." Good ones will go further if they know you had bad service, others don't care.

I have found mailing a letter to their corporate office does wonders (I have done this twice for extremely bad food & service).

Thanks for the insight guys. I talked to my friend that was with me and also didn't leave a tip, she was not charged extra. I do plan on going to the manager first. I'm just pissed she had the gull to do this.

i think you mean "gall", unless you're implying she had a seagull commit the crime. and yes, i consider this stealing. i will always leave some sort of tip, no matter what--for fear that this will happen. however, if i'm pissed with my service (and i eat out quite a bit, unfortunately), i make sure the manager is made aware before i leave. i will almost never accept free shit from the restaurant (unless my meal is completely ruined), which sends an even stronger message---some people bitch just to get free shit, and managers know this. if you gladly accept a free meal/etc., to the manager that means you're satisfied and will likely come back. if you accept nothing, the manager will definitely take stronger action with a shitty server. in this case, none of the above is relevant--what she did is stealing, any way you look at it. it is grounds for immediate dismissal. i'd go in and talk with the manager to give him/her the chance to 'make it right' before you go to the better business bureau, local media, or talk to your 'friend' who works for the department of health.

and man the fuck up and disclose what restaurant you were at--you're not going to affect the rotation of the god damned earth if you tell us where this happened.

I"m a face to face person. Look at the receipt and see if it show the servers name. Sometimes they do sometimes just a number. Go there in person and ask for them or at the very least the manager. If the server is there, have them get the manager instruct them both to meet you up front as you have an issue with a credit card receipt and need to have it resolved.

Then just simply explain the situation, ask the server to explain and then turn to the manager and ask them how they see going about making this right with you. See what they both say. If it's not to your satisfaction, inform them both of that and offer clarity as to what you feel would make it right. If they don't, then explain that you intend to contact the CC. Co. and will ask that they pursue it as fraud.

I've only once had to do this. The manager asked to discuss the matter separate from the server and I agreed. They credited my bill in full, gave me a copy of the credit and said they would deal with the matter internally. I was fine with that.

I"m a face to face person. Look at the receipt and see if it show the servers name. Sometimes they do sometimes just a number. Go there in person and ask for them or at the very least the manager. If the server is there, have them get the manager instruct them both to meet you up front as you have an issue with a credit card receipt and need to have it resolved.

Then just simply explain the situation, ask the server to explain and then turn to the manager and ask them how they see going about making this right with you. See what they both say. If it's not to your satisfaction, inform them both of that and offer clarity as to what you feel would make it right. If they don't, then explain that you intend to contact the CC. Co. and will ask that they pursue it as fraud.

I've only once had to do this. The manager asked to discuss the matter separate from the server and I agreed. They credited my bill in full, gave me a copy of the credit and said they would deal with the matter internally. I was fine with that.

i like this idea.

I would avoid having the server present. I say deal with the manager and let him/her handle the server on the back end. If the manager sides with her story it could make it more complicated.

yea, but if he has a copy of his a reciept and i believe he said a pic also? and a copy of his bank statement showing different numbers, there isnt going to be much to dispute.

yea, but if he has a copy of his a reciept and i believe he said a pic also? and a copy of his bank statement showing different numbers, there isnt going to be much to dispute.

Say the pic looks like a photoshop :fuckyeah:

P.S. OP... Why did you take a pic of the reciept?

I'll be heading into Pastimes this afternoon. I took a picture of it because I knew any time you don't tip someone, and sometimes even when you do, there's a chance for this to happen. I didn't want to mention the name because I know several members on here have mentioned knowing the owner, and I actually like the bar quite a bit.

I work at a pizza place as a driver and in the past we've had people dispute the tip on sales.

Usually the managers will refund the entire order and sometimes comp them for a future. It's a simple process. As stated, just talk to the boss.

Stepdad, y u no read my last post?! :yuno:

Stepdad cares not if people know the owner. He will drive his Camaro drunk into the establishment, fuck the women, and beat the kids... cuz that's what stepdads do.

Seriously though, I know everyone in Westerville - I also run around there sticking my cock in every little slut nest beehive around that town, so as a patriot of the city I demand to know who has done this. THE PEOPLE OF WESTERVILLE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!!

Stepdad cares not if people know the owner. He will drive his Camaro drunk into the establishment, fuck the women, and beat the kids... cuz that's what stepdads do.

Seriously though, I know everyone in Westerville - I also run around there sticking my cock in every little slut nest beehive around that town, so as a patriot of the city I demand to know who has done this. THE PEOPLE OF WESTERVILLE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!!

Reading his post....my guess is

I'll be heading into Pastimes this afternoon

he said past-times. used ti be grays place i think.

So I just went in. The manager that was there didn't ask to see a receipt or anything, he just gave me the amount of the tip back. I told him I expected a refund for the entire bill, and he said that wasn't going to happen. I told him it was theft and credit card fraud and he said we could argue back and forth but he was just taking my word for it so how would he even really know. I told him I had my statement, copy of the receipt, and a picture of their copy. He just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said oh well, sorry, and that he would talk to her.

Now I'm even more pissed than I originally was. There's no physical evidence of the transaction between him and I just a few minutes ago. What do now?