Waitress Added Tip to My Bill

Bigbird

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just went in. The manager that was there didn't ask to see a receipt or anything, he just gave me the amount of the tip back. I told him I expected a refund for the entire bill, and he said that wasn't going to happen. I told him it was theft and credit card fraud and he said we could argue back and forth but he was just taking my word for it so how would he even really know. I told him I had my statement, copy of the receipt, and a picture of their copy. He just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said oh well, sorry, and that he would talk to her.

Now I'm even more pissed than I originally was. There's no physical evidence of the transaction between him and I just a few minutes ago. What do now?

You, my friend, have just been clowned. Manager staight up trolled ur ass with a "deal with it" attitude.

If you guys were responding via email, his response to what you asked of him would've ended with ":fuckyeah:"

You, my friend, have just been clowned. Manager staight up trolled ur ass with a "deal with it" attitude.

If you guys were responding via email, his response to what you asked of him would've ended with ":fuckyeah:"

Lol I know, I know. But I figured rather than make a big scene there, I can really fuck them sideways now. I was willing to just let it go if I got reimbursed for the entire bill. Now I want to do whatever I'm legally entitled to do.

So I just went in. The manager that was there didn't ask to see a receipt or anything, he just gave me the amount of the tip back. I told him I expected a refund for the entire bill, and he said that wasn't going to happen. I told him it was theft and credit card fraud and he said we could argue back and forth but he was just taking my word for it so how would he even really know. I told him I had my statement, copy of the receipt, and a picture of their copy. He just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said oh well, sorry, and that he would talk to her.

Now I'm even more pissed than I originally was. There's no physical evidence of the transaction between him and I just a few minutes ago. What do now?

Grow a spine. Put your man pants on and get the shit resolved. If the manager doesnt fix problem get ahold of the owner.

Take stepdad with you since he seems to have a pair of man pants and get it resolved.

You were sweating like a nun in a cucumber field when you walked in there I bet huh guy.

Yeah bruh! It was like some mafia shit, you shoulda seen the guido they had running the fryer. I ain't no jive turkey.

While i understand you're pissed, and i would be too, im confused why you think they should refund your entire bill...you ate/drank the stuff, right? You got the stolen money back, right? If they're not willing to compensate you with a free gift card for another trip in, they obviously dont care about the business they just lost, and probably assume you wont be back after this debacle. Theyre not required by law to make you happy, just make it right. They gave you back the money you had taken from you. You probably wont get anywhere tryig to take money from them just to spite them after theyve returned your money.

I don't really care about the rest of the bill all that much. Now I just want to know what institutions to inform of this happening. Obviously the BBB, but I don't know if that's the only option. Regardless if they gave me a few bucks back, their employee still committed fraud. I'd like that on her/their record, especially if they're not going to fire her.

While i understand you're pissed, and i would be too, im confused why you think they should refund your entire bill...you ate/drank the stuff, right? You got the stolen money back, right? If they're not willing to compensate you with a free gift card for another trip in, they obviously dont care about the business they just lost, and probably assume you wont be back after this debacle. Theyre not required by law to make you happy, just make it right. They gave you back the money you had taken from you. You probably wont get anywhere tryig to take money from them just to spite them after theyve returned your money.

Rational thought and behavior are not welcome here.

IMO, fuck the manager - just call your CC company and dispute the charges. Managers normally just fix the "mistake." Good ones will go further if they know you had bad service, others don't care.

If you wanted a full refund, why didn't you take my advice or that of a number of other people here? Dispute the fradulent charge and move on.

Also move the complaint to the owner, or corporate if possible. You will likely get a refund or gift card or something. I almost never complain while I am there so I don't suffer any direct retaliation(spit in food and whatnot, and yes I used to be a server and have seen folks do worse). Or do what Joe says and dispute it.

I Agree 100%

When someone steals from you and you want them to pay for it (through the legal system), you press charges.

Edit: For people saying refunding the tip is enough, fuck that noise. If someone is not punished for stealing then they will continue to steal.

When someone steals from you and you want them to pay for it (through the legal system), you press charges.

Edit: For people saying refunding the tip is enough, fuck that noise. If someone is not punished for stealing then they will continue to steal.

Should have just let the g/f handle it. Probably would have gotten further, lol