Best TV (LED LCD)? Best Place to get it?

Berto

What is a good LED LCD TV to buy these days. I believe the bulb in my Samsung DLP went out but I am slowly starting to think it might be more than that, meaning I am looking around at new TVs.

I don't want/care for 3D. I have always been a fan of Sony and Samsung. 46" minimum, open to 55". Any good review articles?

Mitsubushi still sells DLP's. :)

I have a Proscan LED-LCD for our bedroom. 47" @ $699 was hard to beat. Picture is just as good as the Samsungs/Sony's (which seems to be the best looking I've seen in person), but the image processor isn't as good, so you can get a bit of choppiness, and a little fake looking @ 120Hz settings.

IMO, you should take a look at stores and see what you like...pick it out then find the best price online for whatever you want. Make sure you view content you normally will view. If you watch a lot of DVD stuff, have them play your favorite DVD. If you like Blu-ray, play one on it. Like older movies - play that (you get the idea I assume). Not all TV's are good at displaying all image types.

Also, once buying one, go to Monoprice and get a .5-.75" mount and recessed wallplates. I did the .3" mount, and it is a big PITA to install because it is so close - those few extra tenth's are worth it, and it should still looks good. Don't go over a 1" mount for sure, as that takes away from one of the cool features of LED-LCD (how thin they are). Here is mine:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=4588

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=4587

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=4586

I know you said you don't care to have 3D, but it's not like you have to watch it, and it's there if you need it...

I have this one, I love it, also has excellent reviews. The picture truly is amazing. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46C7000WFXZA-reviews

A nice bonus is the Samsung phone app that lets you control you TV with your phone over wifi. It has samsung apps built in which lets you use, facebook, google maps, skype, netflix, blockbuster, espn, etc.

Active > Passive in terms of quality from what I've read.

I'd seriously question the credibility of where you read that. I can show you both and where the market is going and you'd switch in 30 seconds. Having worked for Panny and now for an optics company who owns patents related to the Real-D 3-D system, I can say I've seen both sides.

IQ wise, passive rules. Circular polirized glasses (especially quailty ones) eliminate ghosting from Active Shutter units. Passive also elminates all flicker. Color are richer as they are real glasses. Again, our company is the only one that makes Rx ones too. Even in plano, they can be worn outside as standard sunglasses.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I work in the industry so I'm passionate about it.

It depends on what size you want as weird as that may seem. Different companies have good price point tvs depending on where they wanna hit the market. I think that Samsung has the best led in a 55" but I wanted a bit bigger led/lcd so I went with the Sony Bravia 63". It was the biggest led/lcd that HH. Gregg had about 4 months ago.

Yeah, deals like that, $200 cheaper than anyone else. You might get a phone call soon after you place the order to confirm it is you, and they'll offer you their extended warranty which was a good deal if I recall.

They called us again around 9pm one night and said the truck was early and could deliver it to us that night at 11pm or the next (scheduled) day. Pretty awesome service.