Need to borrow LS1 Balancer Install tool.

Billiumss

I need to install my LS1 balancer on the crank and I can't find the proper tool to use, unless I want to spend $150 to buy one and use it one time.

I don't want to do the long bolt method, too much risk of stripping/damaging the threads.

Does anyone have one I can borrow for a day?

Bill

Whats wrong with the long bolt method? I've done it a few times with out issue, I did however recently buy the balancer install tool, but its locked in my box at work. Let me know if I can help you out I can swing by work in the morning and come by and press it on if you are ready to install it. Sorry but I'm not letting my tools out of my sight.

Whats wrong with the long bolt method? I've done it a few times with out issue, I did however recently buy the balancer install tool, but its locked in my box at work. Let me know if I can help you out I can swing by work in the morning and come by and press it on if you are ready to install it. Sorry but I'm not letting my tools out of my sight.

That would be awesome if you could do that for me. It is ready to go on the engine.

Bring both if you could.

Give me a call tomorrow....

Bill

614-325-6128

I need to install my LS1 balancer on the crank and I can't find the proper tool to use, unless I want to spend $150 to buy one and use it one time.

I don't want to do the long bolt method, too much risk of stripping/damaging the threads.

Does anyone have one I can borrow for a day?

Bill

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_info.php?products_id=10976

Ive been looking into buying this since Im at the point where I need to pull mine. This one is listed for $50. Am I looking at the right thing, or is this a cheap knock off?

Scott, where did you buy yours at and how much was it?

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_info.php?products_id=10976

Ive been looking into buying this since Im at the point where I need to pull mine. This one is listed for $50. Am I looking at the right thing, or is this a cheap knock off?

Scott, where did you buy yours at and how much was it?

That one looks like it would work fine, but it it'll only work on one size crankshaft. I have a master set from Cornwell Tools, fits just about everything, honestly I'm not positive what I paid because I wanted it and added it to my tech credit, I think about $150. See these are the benefits of letting me help you, I have all the tools needed for an LS1 (with the exception of the front/rear cover line up tools that you can do without).

That one looks like it would work fine, but it it'll only work on one size crankshaft. I have a master set from Cornwell Tools, fits just about everything, honestly I'm not positive what I paid because I wanted it and added it to my tech credit, I think about $150. See these are the benefits of letting me help you, I have all the tools needed for an LS1 (with the exception of the front/rear cover line up tools that you can do without).

Yeah I know, I need to schedule some time with you here soon. I can probably save a couple bucks and get some ideas from you at the same time. My elbow being fucked up is making this kind of a pain. Im only able to work on it every few days and it usually happens between 1-3am.

Bill I have one that Hawk618 or something like that was making and selling on LS1Tech a couple years ago. You are more then welcome to barrow it if you would like. I have used it two or three times and it has worked perfect!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=5086

have not installed my balancer yet but what is different from just using a block off wood and a hammer to knock it on. I am sure there is a reason on lsx motors that you cant do that but just was not sure. Is it just a space thing when the motor is in the car?

have not installed my balancer yet but what is different from just using a block off wood and a hammer to knock it on. I am sure there is a reason on lsx motors that you cant do that but just was not sure. Is it just a space thing when the motor is in the car?

Not really a space thing as much as it's a tolerance fit. Most balancers are keyed, and LS1s aren't so they typically fit much tighter then most. I would recommend using something to pull it on.

Ben,

Can I borrow it ASAP? Give me a call.

614-325-6128

Thanks,

Bill

Bill I have one that Hawk618 or something like that was making and selling on LS1Tech a couple years ago. You are more then welcome to barrow it if you would like. I have used it two or three times and it has worked perfect!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=5086

Actually as I just found out my kit doesn't work because it doesn't reach the threads in the crank. The long bolt method works as I done in the past or you need the tool posted above.

I'm just correcting myself as to not provide false info.

You can damage the thrust bearings and throw the thrust clearances out.