My new to me Daily Driver

Linn1647545492

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neato, refreshing to see a car that is not really seen modified in the area in the hands of someone who will actually modify it.

:lolguy:

Dude, those Saabs have a huge modified following...

Got your Subaru And Toyota blinders on.. :dumb:

why mod the piss out of a daily driver?? keep it close to stock. 300whp is plenty for a fun, RELIABLE daily driver.

That is exactly what I'm going to do. Simple changes to make reliable power. I'll have to post the a picture tomorrow of the custom intake J. Moore made for me today.

Motor pic with the new intake and the DV open to atmosphere.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Saab/motor.jpg

You can't really tell but there is a hole directly in front of the air filter where cool air comes into the engine bay.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Saab/coldair.jpg

Where are you finding mods for these cars? I'm actually going to test drive one tomorrow. It's got 132k on it so I'm unsure if it'll get modded but it looks to be a good clean car.

Neato, refreshing to see a car that is not really seen modified in the area in the hands of someone who will actually modify it.

What I was thinking.

:lolguy:

Dude, those Saabs have a huge modified following...

Got your Subaru And Toyota blinders on.. :dumb:

He specified "in the area". How many of these have you seen decently modified around here?

Got your reading comprehension blinders on... :dumb:

;)

Linn, what do you mean by DV? Is that the stock blowoff/recirc valve you're referring to? It'll be cool to see a modified vers of that quirkly ass body style. Interior is fugly, though. lol Sorry, man. Clean is as shit overall, however.

Old tymers refer to them as pop off valves.

Pop off valves on z31 cars start releasing pressure directly from the manifold whenever it is in excess of 8psi, they don't work quite the same as a dv or a bov.

What I was thinking.

He specified "in the area". How many of these have you seen decently modified around here?

Got your reading comprehension blinders on... :dumb:

;)

Linn, what do you mean by DV? Is that the stock blowoff/recirc valve you're referring to? It'll be cool to see a modified vers of that quirkly ass body style. Interior is fugly, though. lol Sorry, man. Clean is as shit overall, however.

DV = Diverter Valve.

Name given to the stock recirculating pressure bypass valve.

Looks like a Bosch valve used on the German side of the house as well. :masturboy:

Where are you finding mods for these cars? I'm actually going to test drive one tomorrow. It's got 132k on it so I'm unsure if it'll get modded but it looks to be a good clean car.

I bought the filter and Jegs and John Moore made the intake for me. As for other parts here is a few links.

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=56

http://www.elkparts.com/saab-93-m98-to-02/index.74.html

http://jzwtuning.com/products.shtml

DV = Diverter Valve.

Looks like a Bosch valve used on the German side of the house as well. :masturboy:

Correct.

I'll put a BOV on in a week just waiting on the reducer to come in.

Dv = diverter valve. Basically a bov.

Dammit, that's what I was trying to thing of.

DV = Diverter Valve.

Absolutely. Thought the same thing.

Anyway, I simply wanted comfirmation before asking why he would vent it. So, why would you vent it, Linn?

Sorry Jon, the Bimmer is sexier:

coolbimmer

Always loved those.

Dammit, that's what I was trying to thing of.

Absolutely. Thought the same thing.

Anyway, I simply wanted comfirmation before asking why he would vent it. So, why would you vent it, Linn?

Always loved those.

It's a T5 car (No MAF) so it doesn't need to be recirulated. The car is will have a BOV put on it in once the boost is turned up.