open carry

Hahn

I thought the last AG told police depts to quit giving people shit

The problem is that ignorant dicks keep calling them about it and wont shut the fuck up if they don't see a cruiser come by. The cops might not try to hassle you, but they'll get hassled just as much if they don't.

So did i mishear when i heard that the gun must be unloaded? Thats what confused me, whats the point in carrying an unloaded weapon.

that's the law in California, not here.

My only issue with open carry is that it could be a double edge sword. On one hand someone who sees you carrying may be deterred from criminal action, as one would expect. However with guns remaining highly sought after items, particularly from the seedier criminal element, I think you may be asking for a theft. Not necessarily a robbery (though thats possible, and the element of surprise is on their side as usual), but should you be somewhere public, and then legally, and possibly unexpectedly, have to disarm, say having to return to your car. Opportunity presents itself to a criminal.

Of course the police will also likely get a call. Though as long as you're not committing a crime, you are not in the wrong. I am glad open carry is legal in Ohio, I just personally wouldn't do it.

any update on relaxing the law for CCW permit holders? I'd like to be able to take my gun into a resturaunt if I'm not going to drink. What a pain in the ass to have to go out to your car, lock it up and go back out. If your some place like Easton and didn't plan on staying for dinner.

any update on relaxing the law for CCW permit holders? I'd like to be able to take my gun into a resturaunt if I'm not going to drink. What a pain in the ass to have to go out to your car, lock it up and go back out. If your some place like Easton and didn't plan on staying for dinner.

taking it to Easton or Polaris wouldn't change, the actual mall management has banned the guns, not the state.

I open carry my keltec .380 in a paddle holster frequently. My T-shirt covers it, but its fairly apparent if you look at me. I never get bugged. The gun is so small most people probably think its a cell phone.

I open carry my keltec .380 in a paddle holster frequently. My T-shirt covers it, but its fairly apparent if you look at me. I never get bugged. The gun is so small most people probably think its a cell phone.

so basically you conceal carry it.... :dumb:

so basically you conceal carry it.... :dumb:

I wouldnt call an outside paddle holster concealed, its just a small gun. But no, I am not packing a Redhawk with wranglers and my shirt tucked it.

taking it to Easton or Polaris wouldn't change, the actual mall management has banned the guns, not the state.

Are you sure about Polaris? I can't remember seeing any signs posted at the doors I go in.