New Dyno Numbers

theweiser1

I upgraded the fuel system in my 00 GT on Saturday. Brian at Dyno tune worked me in tonight for a new tune!! I ended up with a cobra tank, Fore dual pump hat, twin Ford GT pumps and a Dual FPDM setup. It was at 68% duty cycle max, which was dead on with what is advertised with this setup with respect to RWHP level.

I'm very impressed with the results. Not only did he find more power he found more torqued down low as well. In addition he went for ride and data logged to ensure i was more than happy with the tune and there were no issues. Lastly it was having an issue with the cold start. With a little tweak it got on the first time. Check out the before and after graphs. Also he put together a drag race tune and a road race tune!

I do want to say with the last tune the car had a LOT of issues that I fixed. Exhaust leak, vacuum leak, pprv still in place and the last tune was with 4.10's. This tune was with 3.73's i had installed.

Check them out! Thanks Brian at Dyno Tune Motorsports!!!!! Can't wait to take it NTR, I'm thinking it has an 11 second pass in it. Best run with the previous tune:

http://www.torquedfords.com/nmra-2010-new-best-12-347-117-3-mph/

Previous tune vrs new tune.

New+Fuel+Pump+Dyno+before+and+after_800x600.jpg

Drag race vrs Road Race tune.

Drag+Race+and+Road+Race+Dyno_800x600.jpg

Edited by theweiser1

ok what car and mods?

Forged short 4.6 short block, Stage 3 heads, stage 1 cams. ~8.6:1 CR, Kenne Bell 1.7 SC, #14 of boost, LT's, x-pipe, cat back.

http://markus.smugmug.com/Track-Day-Automotive-Photos/2010-Open-Track-Days/SVT-Day-10102010/MRF1262/1042163157_mZBwp-L.jpg

not being a hater, but most people ditch the 4.6. why did you choose to build it?

And go to what? Some of the older mustangs (95 and older) they go with a built 302 or 351, but in the newer mustangs (96+) that have a mod motor, most people built them. Now mine is a 2v and most people build up the 4v's but its the same 4.6 block. The really just needs a bigger blower. The 1.7 is one of the smallest blowers KB make. Next year....

lol thats what I was thinking.

I hope that he meant 2V's, but with the new Trick Flow heads on those they make silly power. Of course there is an un-named 2V that puts down around 600 wheel with stock PI castings. I'm sure that they have been opened up, but the 4.6 does just fine.

Modular engines work just fine even with 2V heads from ford. I haven't seen anything impressive from the trickflow heads yet....

They have better flow numbers, but I haven't witnessed a car with them yet either. I'd like to, but they just aren't around that I know of.

Since 2V's are crap and the internals are anemic from what I recall. Seems like there are better options.

See post above me. Built 2V. Look at sig and realize that they are fine. Even my car with the "built" factory motor has it's limitations. Doesn't take that much coin to make a 2V car quick.

Those numbers seem oddly low for your mods. But then again the compression is a lot lower than stock. My stock motor made 411rwhp on a Mustang dyno and only 14* of timing and 13lbs with a Vortech V1. Now its forged with still stock heads/cams, but have longtubes now and 9:1 CR and it will probably be around your numbers. I'll be spinning the motor/blower a little faster by upping the rpms (~6300ish) so I'll be around 14lbs now with the V1.