New I-71 and 36/37 Interchange? No thanx...

zeitgeist57

Columbus and Central Ohio, it's time to get a fucking clue. I'm pretty sure the people that have lived in Sunbury over the last couple of decades did so to get away from the suburbs. If you moved there in the last 10 years and are now complaining about traffic (and I see it all the time driving to/from Cleveland) that's your own fault. Great article taking a well-deserved dump on our civic planning skillz...

http://streetsblog.net/2011/05/25/columbus-sprawls-through-malls/

Columbus and Central Ohio, it's time to get a fucking clue. I'm pretty sure the people that have lived in Sunbury over the last couple of decades did so to get away from the suburbs. If you moved there in the last 10 years and are now complaining about traffic (and I see it all the time driving to/from Cleveland) that's your own fault. Great article taking a well-deserved dump on our civic planning skillz...

http://streetsblog.net/2011/05/25/columbus-sprawls-through-malls/

I'm from the area, born and raised and all my family lives in the area, born and raised. Residents have been wanting another exit for longer than I have been alive. Please don't put words in people's mouths. Thanks.

I'm from the area, born and raised and all my family lives in the area, born and raised. Residents have been wanting another exit for longer than I have been alive. Please don't put words in people's mouths. Thanks.

My apologies. Let me clarify that my only problem is our continued redevelopment of land into retail space. Another exit is a good idea - again, I've seen that exit packed for the last couple of years and a wider interchange could be a good thing. I'm just the voice for a large group of taxpayers that don't readily see the benefit of continued suburban sprawl, which is exactly what this is.

Born and raised...did your family move to the area to have Polaris III - or worse, more strip malls - right down the street?

Building a mall like this up there is likely not going to really drive the area to success. The entire city of Columbus has one big retail fail for the past 20 years. There's too much retail as it is making the likelihood of anyone succeeding much lower than in days gone by.

Northland, Eastland and Westland were doomed simply because the areas they were in went from decent to horrible. All three needed to be leveled. Easton was an out-dated concept from it's inception, and again, go there at night and it too is too close to the rougher areas to be on the long term plan of staying successful. It will die like the others in time. Polaris is huge but struggling against the likes of Easton and Tuttle.

Does the area up north need a mall? Let the voters decide vs building it and seeing if it will come. That's a plan with fail all over it if done that way.

My apologies. Let me clarify that my only problem is our continued redevelopment of land into retail space. Another exit is a good idea - again, I've seen that exit packed for the last couple of years and a wider interchange could be a good thing. I'm just the voice for a large group of taxpayers that don't readily see the benefit of continued suburban sprawl, which is exactly what this is.

Born and raised...did your family move to the area to have Polaris III - or worse, more strip malls - right down the street?

I agree that it doesn't need a mall, but the area is still quite rural to the east. All the development follows 71 and to the west of 71. A new exit isn't really going to affect the actual town of Sunbury.

New interchange or exit off 71 in the Delaware area? good idea. Another fucking mall? bad idea. Jesus as if people dont have enough places to shop already, and if that wasnt bad its not like you even need the retail space with the advancement of the internet in the last 20 years you can buy whatever you need and have it delivered to your doorstep.

Reminds me of what Chris Rock use to say in his standup,"theres the mall the white people go to ... then the mall the white people use to go to..." Theres always a new, best place to shop but just ends up leaving the last place a mess and an eyesore.

Northland, Eastland and Westland were doomed simply because the areas they were in went from decent to horrible. All three needed to be leveled. Easton was an out-dated concept from it's inception, and again, go there at night and it too is too close to the rougher areas to be on the long term plan of staying successful. It will die like the others in time. Polaris is huge but struggling against the likes of Easton and Tuttle.

+1. Those areas have really turned to full-on shit holes the past couple of decades - it has been a gradual trend that is only getting worse. I am amazed Eastland is still around, as it is a shit hole where you don't want to stay in too long as some ghetto POS is probably looking to break into your car in the middle of the day.

I have no issue walking around at Easton at night.

Weekend evenings are full of punks with thumping stereos and excessive bling. Bus service to the area doesn't help enhance the demographics there either.

I live three miles from the 36/71 exit and the updated exit would be fine but I would hate to see a mall go in. They already built a new road and golf coarse down the street and are now building condos. I like being able to walk out the front door and take a piss.

Shut the fuck up