new monitor questions

wnaplay1647545503

We recently had to buy a new computer monitor and my wife states it seems blurry. Its a much larger than the old fashioned one we had and this one is lcd. I have made several adjustments using the various settings and it doesnt change anything that I notice. My eyes take a second to focus and I think its just the new technology they arent used to. Is this normal? The picture seems kind of stretched even when I switch to normal size but again I contribute it to the wideness of the screen. Perhaps the quality of the monitor isnt very good? Its an acer A221HQV. I am connected with a vga cable(no hdmi).

In the same area where you switched it to 1920 x 1080, is there a button that says "detect" or anything like that? it should help to autodetect the best settings for the monitor.

I may also be possible that the computer isn't capable enough for such a high resolution monitor. (just a thought)

It is more than likely the drivers you have in Microsoft are not giving you the right settings. You will need to see if you can update the drivers for your video card in hopes that it has the aspect ratio/resolution settings needed for your monitor.

Look at monitor owners manual. It will tell you what the correct settings should be. If you can not set them in Windows, then your video drivers need updated.

First, go with a DVI connection. The monitor is digital and you're feeding it an analog signal.

Second, change the desktop resolution to the native (max) resolution of the montor. Check the box if you don't know what it is.

Either one of these will make the monitor try to fudge the picture and you won't get the best clarity. Both, and you'll have migraines in no time.

First, go with a DVI connection. The monitor is digital and you're feeding it an analog signal.

Second, change the desktop resolution to the native (max) resolution of the montor. Check the box if you don't know what it is.

Either one of these will make the monitor try to fudge the picture and you won't get the best clarity. Both, and you'll have migraines in no time.

^^^ this for sure.

Right click on your desktop and look for the monitor resolution settings. Set it for the monitors native resolution.

Also check what the refresh rate is. If it's below 75 Hertz you could be prone to fatigue or headaches over extended periods of use.

Most 22" widescreen monitors default resolution is 1680 x 1050, try to set it to that resolution.

*edit* I looked up your model specs, your default resolution is 1920 x 1080. Your monitor should not look blurry in any way, especially compared to a crt. Try to hook it up DVI, if nothing improves, return it for a replacement...