Best way to prepare a t-bone steak

Comebackkid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a small amount of McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning, a dash of garlic powder and usually a little olive oil on the outside of the meat as well (before the seasoning).

Then simply add fire and smoke. REAL charcoal (not propane) and usually a small amount of soaked hickory chips for added smokiness. Also, I don't use lighter fluid unless I absolutely have no charcoal chimney around. Even then, I use it sparingly because I swear I can taste it on the meat.

Be careful not to overcook it. T-bones are basically 2 different cuts of meat together and can be a little tricky to cook evenly if you're not paying attention

This. Start with a good cut too. I like Carfagnas personally.

Agreed. Quality of the meat absolutely makes or breaks it.

I actually prefer Filet Mignon over t-bone myself. I find it to be easier to cook consistently and you can get a nice contrast of nicely browned exterior but still soft mediumness in the middle (assuming it's a proper 1-1/4" or so thick).

I will put on a little Worchestershire sauce or olive oil on mine, depending on how I want it. Then I use fresh basil/oregano/thyme and minced garlic rubbed on the outside. Let it marinate for a while, then cook it on my grill for about 6 minutes a side on medium heat. Most people refuse herbs on their steak, but they really bring out a lot of unique flavors to meats.

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and

Some http://moneysavingmom.com/images/old/6a00e552792fa28833011570d9aef4970b-pi.jpg

I dont care about other peoples opinions...i love some a1 on a steak