Where do you guys buy your gun accessories?

dover

I am looking to put a drop in threaded barrel and compensator on my XD. I have google'd but I really want fit an finish I don't want to spend good money for cheap parts. So far I have pistolgear.com to have what I want.

Also how hard is it to put on night sights, I plan to throw some on and ditch these junk stock sites. Thanks guys.

Well, as was said earlier, you could probably get a basic threaded barrel and comp, as well as night sights from Midway or Brownells, who are two major parts suppliers. If I were to put a comp on a pistol, I'd probably have one custom fitted. I'm not a fan of bolt-on comps. Also, if you don't reload, a comp is pretty much pointless. What exactly are you wanting a comp for?

Night sights aren't bad to put on at all. To do it properly, you should have a sight pusher. I've done it with wooden dowel rod and hammer, but you risk breaking a vial with that method.

Well, as was said earlier, you could probably get a basic threaded barrel and comp, as well as night sights from Midway or Brownells, who are two major parts suppliers. If I were to put a comp on a pistol, I'd probably have one custom fitted. I'm not a fan of bolt-on comps. Also, if you don't reload, a comp is pretty much pointless. What exactly are you wanting a comp for?

Night sights aren't bad to put on at all. To do it properly, you should have a sight pusher. I've done it with wooden dowel rod and hammer, but you risk breaking a vial with that method.

My step dad does allot of competition shooting with his various handguns, and I have gone and done a few matches with a Glock 23 and his XD (that's why I bought an XD) and I plan to try and get to a couple matches here and there. That's why I wanted a bolt-on comp for the competition part and then take it off to open/conceal carry it. Thanks for the info I will look into both companies. I think I'll end up paying to have the night sites done I am not very good using fines :)