fail two years ina row...

SRTurbo04

Well a biiiiig thanks to sam for spending his morning dealing with my retarded self. An helping with the ski.

Couldn't figureout why it wasent getting spark so I'm sucking it up an paying for the fuckin bill for the stealership to diagnose an fix it :mad: sucks that after owning it for less then a few days an only able to use it for less than an hour I'm already having to dump money into it fml

coil pack? stator? come on dude it can't be that hard.

After further looking into the stator is behind the flywheel on the front of the motor

If uve ever worked on a jetski there is zero room to work on them sooooo its just worthit to me to atleastt get it diagnosed

Berto straight up trolled you with that. gl G.I. JOE.

Just found this thread. I resent that comment. Not sure if you are joking or not. Paul doesn't seem like the person that would start saying things like that, oh well.

I sold the ski. I sold what I knew to be a great running ski. It was tested for about 15 minutes out on the water a few months ago, no issues. Ran it a few times on the hose this year. Hell when Paul bought it we met at a lake and I backed the ski up into the water and ran it until he said 'thats good enough'.

I've been trying to help Paul with research on the ski and sent him the electronic service manual for the GP1200, sounds like these electrical things go out with no warning and there is no way that I sold this ski to Paul knowing that it was going to break. Everything I've read says CDI box or stator. I guess we'll see.

• 1 month later...

Since this was a public issue I feel a public description resolution is due.

Even though there is no way I could have known of a stator failure before I sold it and on top of that I sold the jet ski with no warranty. It was still a pretty unfortunate event of timing for this to go out on Paul shortly after buying it.

With that said Paul elected to have the jet ski taken to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. Being that I personally believe/know that dealers are a rip off there is absolutely no way in hell i'd ever take a vehicle there (unless it was warranty work etc.). Looking at just the part price they were quoting paul it was I think over $100 difference from buying the part brand new online (motogrid.com).

The part was going to be just under $300 on motogrid, so I agreed to pay half of that ($150 for you social studies majors) to Paul as good faith. It was his choice to pay the dealer mark up and labor.

Honestly I feel really bad this happened to you hopefully there are no hard feelings. And if anyone else reading this for some reason still thinks I'm a crook and never wants to buy anything from me, thats your call you'll be passing up on well maintained vehicles. :)

Since this was a public issue I feel a public description resolution is due.

Even though there is no way I could have known of a stator failure before I sold it and on top of that I sold the jet ski with no warranty. It was still a pretty unfortunate event of timing for this to go out on Paul shortly after buying it.

With that said Paul elected to have the jet ski taken to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. Being that I personally believe/know that dealers are a rip off there is absolutely no way in hell i'd ever take a vehicle there (unless it was warranty work etc.). Looking at just the part price they were quoting paul it was I think over $100 difference from buying the part brand new online (motogrid.com).

The part was going to be just under $300 on motogrid, so I agreed to pay half of that ($150 for you social studies majors) to Paul as good faith. It was his choice to pay the dealer mark up and labor.

Honestly I feel really bad this happened to you hopefully there are no hard feelings. And if anyone else reading this for some reason still thinks I'm a crook and never wants to buy anything from me, thats your call you'll be passing up on well maintained vehicles. :)

:megusta: