This is sad :( fan dies while trying to catch ball

Jizzle Juice

When I saw this on the news this morning I looked right over at my 8yr old as he and I took in a beautiful day with the clippers last Wednesday afternoon. I couldn't imagine if something like this happened and he was there to witness it. The guy's kid was all dressed up and had his glove on too. Being 8-10 yrs old too, you know damn well he won't forget what happened to his dad. I guess the bright side is he died having a good time with his son.

Im sorry, am I the only one who think's he's an idiot? Besides, he should've just let his son catch the ball instead of ball hoggin'.

This is how he died. A firefighter. That's the part that's sad.

I wonder how many other people need to throw themselves over the rail before they put us all behind a chain link fence to watch the game...

Sorry, just not feeling particularly sympathetic towards the dad. I do, however, feel very poorly for the son and family.

Im sorry, am I the only one who think's he's an idiot? Besides, he should've just let his son catch the ball instead of ball hoggin'.

I think he was just innocently going to catch the ball that was flipped up towards them in the stands. I didn't see him ball hoggin when I saw the video. Meh....

He reached out and probably just slipped. Granted he probably reached too far. Flip flops are not the most solid shoe to balance on either

Good point. I know sometimes people don't realize they're risking their lives for something stupid at that moment. Hell, we all risk it for some stupid shit at some point.

I think he was just innocently going to catch the ball that was flipped up towards them in the stands. I didn't see him ball hoggin when I saw the video. Meh....

POV. Tomato, Tomatoe. heh Whatever. My empathy is at its lowest levels earlier in the day. My mood and everything else improves as it gets later/darker. I'm super friendly and caring in the evening/night. Get with me, then. ;)

I guess you could say,

He held onto that ball,

for dear life.

http://www.eyes4less.com/wp-content/uploads/csi%20miami%20sunglasses%20yeah.jpg

lmao Aw, for fuck's sake. haha

I'm super friendly and caring in the evening/night. Get with me, then. ;)

You're a cool guy and all but you're mack truck compared to my little ass and there there's no way in hell I'm going to be your bitch. :lolguy:

:marc2:

You're a cool guy and all but you're mack truck compared to my little ass and there there's no way in hell I'm going to be your bitch. :lolguy:

Christian is like the least scary dude ever. A big ol teddy bear which occasionally smells of clove.

:masturboy:

ahhahaha, holy shit. For once, I actually wasn't being a pervert and my statement was completely innocent!

:nono: Nobody's going to believe that...

Christian is like the least scary dude ever. A big ol teddy bear which occasionally smells of clove.

:masturboy:

I am getting pretty soft in my old age. And that's not clove. ;) lol Seriously, though, I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. Quit 9months ago.

You're just trying to get more people to go into the woods with you.

Well, what do you expect when my little buddy moves back to Texas? I thought you left because we weren't taking enough trips? Who knew? lol

He's the 2nd person in 2 years to flip over the rails at the Rangers ball park. They raised the rails from 36in to 48 in (I believe those are the measurements) due to a fan tumbling over last year. I remember being a little kid and catching a foul ball or homerun ball was the coolest thing in the world while at a MLB game. Today if I catch them I just give em to the first little kid I see sitting around me (have done it a few times at clipper games in recent years). I imagine the dad was trying to get his son the ball, instead it ended bad.

BTW off topic a little bit, but I am friends with the pitcher who was on the mound for that game.

This is how he died. A firefighter. That's the part that's sad.

I wonder how many other people need to throw themselves over the rail before they put us all behind a chain link fence to watch the game...

Sorry, just not feeling particularly sympathetic towards the dad. I do, however, feel very poorly for the son and family.

Are you kidding me? How disrespectful can you be? He went for a foul ball and lost his ballance, that's far from being an idiot. Had he of lost his balance one row further back he'd still be alive. How many times have you made a mistake, that if the circumstances were even slightly different, you would have died. Does that make you an idiot? no. At the end of the day, we are all fortunate to be here, and things like this should just be a reminder to always be aware of your surroundings. A momentary lack of judgement, certainly doesn't make someone an idiot.

Are you kidding me? How disrespectful can you be? He went for a foul ball and lost his ballance, that's far from being an idiot. Had he of lost his balance one row further back he'd still be alive. How many times have you made a mistake, that if the circumstances were even slightly different, you would have died. Does that make you an idiot? no. At the end of the day, we are all fortunate to be here, and things like this should just be a reminder to always be aware of your surroundings. A momentary lack of judgement, certainly doesn't make someone an idiot.

+1

+1

Way to half-ass it. Try reading a whole conversation before making a comment. You wouldn't half ass other things before putting yourself on the line, would you? This has already been hashed over within this thread.

Though, I did word it in a way that can be taken harshly, I felt I explained myself thoroughly and standby everything I said as a whole in this thread.