Questions

CHERRY

870 for sure

pistol is more a personal preference depends what you like and what your able to use comfortably. i have a sub compact XD 9mm for sale if your interested. and it's already broken in for ya :) As stated above shoot and handle as many as possible to find what you really like.

Shotgun 870

For the handgun if your not gonna CCW it get a full size 45. Its has a big slow bullet that in most cases will not exit the house if you miss your target. If you are going to dual purpose home and CCW a 40 is a good idea. The bullet is faster, smaller and has more snap when fired. It can be more dangerous because it can bounce around or leave your house if you miss.

Bottom line go rent and shoot everything you can before buying. PM me i will let you shoot all my stuff also just pay for range time and my rounds.

You can RENT Guns ???

I did not know that.

Would I go to a shooting range for that or what ?

Thanks

Chuck

I am not sure that I will get a ccw but with enough training and safety, I may.

I have never been in trouble with the law, so NO record.

I would have to very comfortable with the handgun before I would do that.

I am not sure that I will get a ccw but with enough training and safety, I may.

I would have to very comfortable with the handgun before I would do that.

I highly recommend a CCW. It's your right, exercise it. Doing so will help drive your focus and interest in learning and using the gun more as you'll want to continue going to the range and being part of the that scene. Sounds odd, but I know a lot of folks who buy a gun, hit the range once or twice and then it sits un-used at home only.

You should work with your gun enough that you're as comfortable with it as you are your cars. That's just my opinion, but it's just as dangerous if not more so than a car in the hands of an inexperienced user.

I was a bit uncomfortable carrying at first, but more uncomfortable when I was in areas of town either working my day job or shooting with my camera and gear knowing that I was a sitting duck with expensive gear calling out for someone to kill me for it. I'm still in those situations at times, and wouldn't shoot to protect the gear but I no longer fear for my own life.

Get something you're comfortable with and will use and will carry if that's your intent. No sense if buying a huge gun that you won't carry or use.

Now...with that out of the way.

For home protection go with the less expensive pump action shotgun. Your are likely going to fire only one shot and with a pump action, you don't have to worry about the shell not cycling the action for some reason. The pump action is more reliable, IMO.

Go with a .40cal semi-auto pistol, such as a Glock 23 or a Springfield XD. Fantastic pistols for the money and extremely reliable for self-defense.

I recently picked up an XD sub compact 9mm. I fired the XD 40 sub compact prior to my purchase and loved it. Felt very smooth, easy to break down. I ended up going with the 9mm primarily for the ammunition costs as I like to range shoot often. I've ran 500 rounds through mine so far with no issues. Vances had the XD 40 sub compact for $499 last time I was there and it comes with a hard shell case which you can toss a lock on if wanted, 2 extra magazines, a magazine pouch, and a holster. It may be worth checking out.

Thanks guys for the advice.

I will start looking more into rent ones for now and see what I like.

Chuck

You may want to also check out the berreta PX storm series, a friend of mine has one and loves it! Good luck in your search brother.