Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost.

ColdFusion

You have to ship a RB to you and parts are overpriced . The KA engines are no way able to handle high boost unless you can tune your ass off. They are iffy at even 8-10 psi. They have cast cranks and rods. The SR20 engines are the only 4 cylinder option from Nissan. I personally wouldn't touch a focus engine when you can slap on a Volvo head onto the old 2.3 and make shit tons of hp with a solid aftermarket.

If you want cheap hp, a 2j, 5.3 gm truck motor is the way to go. For 4 cylinders its a SR20, dodge 2.2/2.4 dohc, 4g63, honda K-series, chevy's ecotec, etc. There are so many ways to skin a cat.

Rb motors are cheap lol parts are overpriced? You must have never bought much for rb parts. Most nissan dealers stock rb parts now because of the demand, just like any well made parts it cost to play. I always go the rb route! You forgot the ca18 and older fj. Motors out the. Ken and marry.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Z Fag Jr.

ImUrOBGYN

Your just stupid as hell with no knowledge of the history of the 7m. How is a stock motor that you have to re-torque things on from the factory a good motor? Bearings and headgaskets were problems from the factory! So as a stock motor its no good!

Also, if it wasn't a auto and had a cleaner body i would of just jz swapped it instead of getting the camaro.

But yeah, never said it was the motors fault, i just know how those things work lol.

Being auto shouldn't matter.. just buy a 1j with an r154 and get the pedals you need.. driftmotion sells the clutch line you need which will eliminate your hard line.. easy :)

and the topic of this thread was screwed from the start.. there are not many STOCK (never pulled apart) engines that will handle a lot.. i'd say the jz series are good canidates.. i've heard ej's are pretty bullet proof but have no first hand experience with them.. most of the good motors have already been covered in previous posts

my view of stock does not include having to change a head gasket and possibly bearings before turning up the boost on something.. yes i have seen people make power with a 7m and don't deny it can't be done, if done properly, and they can be decently reliable, but i'd rather have a 1j for various reasons.. but i also know not to argue with a 7m owner because they will defend them to the end

Rb motors are cheap lol parts are overpriced? You must have never bought much for rb parts. Most nissan dealers stock rb parts now because of the demand, just like any well made parts it cost to play. I always go the rb route! You forgot the ca18 and older fj. Motors out the. Ken and marry.

Shit, your right about the ca18.

I don't see the big deal with a stock engine.

I'm more concerned what kind of power the BLOCK will hold. Anyone can slap some rods/pistons in but what are the blocks limits if we are talking 800hp+...

If you are only planning on making half that 400-500ish....what's the big deal?

I don't see the big deal with a stock engine.

I'm more concerned what kind of power the BLOCK will hold. Anyone can slap some rods/pistons in but what are the blocks limits if we are talking 800hp+...

If you are only planning on making half that 400-500ish....what's the big deal?

If we are talking block, again, the BMW 2.8-3.2L motors have been build to see 1100ish, stock block.

+1

The 96+ Cobra blocks will handle over 1,200hp+. Good pistons/rods and they handle a LOT of power even with the older heads/cams. The 03/04 heads will make more power...

96-98 had 9.85:1 compression.

They are very stout motors I would say closer to 500whp on stock rods/pistons but that is pushing it.

Ben Dorn went low-10's on a stock motor '98 Cobra making around 600whp before the rods let go...

They don't respond to bolt-on's like the LSx motors but with Supercharger/Turbo(s) they will make stupid power.... ;)

You do realize, the poster you quoted was talking about an SVT FUCUS, not a Cobra right? :dumb:

One is an ohio resident, his name is john and lives in piketon. The other two live out of state in north carolina where my family vacations.

thanks. :dumb:

Ps: John just recently sold the orange monster to fund his c5z build.

So, one guy is an Ohio troll who had a slow car-that is now sold, and the others you've type'd to once on SVT chat-check.

LOL you are an idiot, i personally know several people running 400whp+ on pump gas daily. Show me a 4 banger that can do that with 10.2:1 comp on pump gas.

:

This quote shows that you dont understand this topic or at least the way it has been interpreted by the forum. The OP did not ask "What is the best 10.2754 compression stock motor for boost", the topic is "Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost". Now although the OP's question is as stupid as it gets in itself, it sparked this debate.

Before I dig into this- are you trying to say the SVT's motor is better than a 4G63 at making power in stock form (Many, many people including me have made 600+whp on 100% stock 4G63s), or with aftermarket support (Many people have Dyno'd over 1000whp, yes that One Thousand Fucking WHEEL HP and trap'd near 200 god damn mph with the 4G63).

So yes, let me know where that SVT is superior again. Call me crazy-but I just dont see it.

ImUrOBGYN

Your just stupid as hell with no knowledge of the history of the 7m. How is a stock motor that you have to re-torque things on from the factory a good motor? Bearings and headgaskets were problems from the factory! So as a stock motor its no good!

Having to retorque the motor isn't a motor problem but an assembly problem. I find it amusing you have to keep being derogatory toward me in every post. Not to mention, your incessant assumptions about what I know or don't know.

Even worse, you want to argue with someone who's been messing with 7M's for over a decade. Dont fucking tell me I don't know what they are capable of. You're the ignorant fuck who ran your mouth in the beginning. I really don't want to continue to clutter this thread, so if you have something useful to say, you can say it in pm's or to me in person.

I have a feeling it wouldn't have gone this far if it weren't online. That's not a veiled threat, either, mods. ;) However, I have a feeling he wouldn't have ran his mouth like this and things could've remained more civil. As it stands, I've wasted enough of everyone's time arguing this. That's the net!

Edited by ImUrOBGYN

If we are talking block, again, the BMW 2.8-3.2L motors have been build to see 1100ish, stock block.

+1

Another GREAT platform... :thumbup:

You do realize, the poster you quoted was talking about an SVT FUCUS, not a Cobra right? :dumb:

I thought he was just messing with everyone like the 7M guys....so he was serious?

:lol:

who still runs an sr20det? what are you, 15?

Huh?? I don't even know how to respond to this.. lol Did your parents buy you an sr on your 15th birthday or something?

sr20det? that's a joke right? its not even in the same league.

The title of the thread is "Stock motors that can handle alot of boost". In 100% stock form the sr20det is arguably Nissan's strongest 4cylinder engine. Theres people pushin 500+ horsepower on stock sr20det (stock headgasket, stock headbolts, stock bottom end). "its not in the same league"..as what? Read the title of the thread..

Edited by liv2die06

So someone made 1200hp in a complete stock un opened engine? If we are talking stock block and crank id hope the 2j is higher.

Apparently the topic has changed from "strong stock motors" to "strongest built motors"

who still runs an sr20det? what are you, 15?

Hybrid dynamics made 640rwhp on a complete un opened sr20

That car belonged to $low Troll, they dyno'd it for him on his 15th birthday!.. lmao I swear some people on here say the dumbest shit!