So What If....

wagner

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My go to Rifle:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/Scotty_Sapper/1311722872.jpg

Plain, simple, light enough, accurate, reliable, able to lay down suppressive fire, and packs enough of a punch.

As it stands, I have a contingency plan to surround myself with a multi-fasceted group of individuals I know I can trust, and depend on. All have some sort of added worth to bring to a collected group of people banding together for survival. Numbers is always a good thing when dealing with a situation. The lone wolf thing may work, but there is also a mental side to all of this. Lack of interaction and contact may strain one just as much as physical exersion. The high ground is always a good idea, for this idea spans back to centuries ago. The added vantage point of the high ground proves a tactical advantage all across the board. Seclusion is always a good idea, for natural camoflauge tends to help keep you out of sight and out of mind. My fall back points range from North Texas, to Arkansas, to Louisiana, and Kentucky.

Always a good idea to brush up on some basic first aid, cooking, general woodsmanship, and the obvious marksmanship. Doing this tasks under extreme duress or even elevated levels of adrenaline help add variables to the equation.

FM 21-76 is the US Army Survival Manual BTW

I keep to basics with my kit:

Pack - (Good enough to haul my junk upward of 6,000 cubic inches)

Sleeping system - (Good for all environments from hot to extreme cold)

Wet Weather Gear - (Rain suit/Gortex/Poncho)

Clothes - (I enjoy my Woolrich tactical pants, for they have extra pockets for crap)

(Be sure you can be mobile in these clothes. Looking good is the least of your concern.)

Footwear - (Love my oakley boots, like a tennis shoe.)

Packaged/Canned Food

Hydration system - ( I have camelbaks/nalgene water bottles)

Water filters/purification tablets

IFAK - (Idividual First Aid Kit)

Fire starting materials

Load bearing equipment (Covered that)

Light sources (headlamps to surefires)

Cold weather layers (include jackets/gloves/hats)

Basic hygene gear

Signal devices (flares to smoke grenades/device/VS-17 panel)

Radio - (CB/HAM/Hand crank AM/FM)

Batteries

Spare weapons parts

Weapon cleaning kit

Ammo

Money (If it's worth anything)

Rope

550 cord

Riggers belt

D-rings

Knives

Battle Axe (It's what I call it)

Pocket saw

Gerber multi tool

Probably missed stuff but that's my basic set up. I get a little more in depth, but I consider this to be universal from Hurricane survival to SHTF to damn zombies.

Well shot.

I've got lots of guns at my disposal (Dads a retired cop moms active).

Numerous 9mm's and some nice rifles. everything from a 22LR to a 30/30 .

My first goal would be to obtain plenty of fuel because in the end being able to move is a powerful tool.

You wait until I'm out o the country to ask this. Hell, just remember what my basement set up was, minus the fireworks that is. haha

You know what I had for weapons and placement of them. The stratagy is the same, just think to have enough to defend the home and survive in it.

Mutiple weapons are fine, but keep as mush "same ammo" types as you can Vs. what you need them for or how you plan to employ them. Think "I am Legend"/ "Red Dawn".

I was thinking Jeep Cherokee but it will come down to availability. Also I wanted to add that I picked up a roll-able solar mat to charge batteries if the electricity goes out. Car might be in good shape with a lot of gas with keys and a dead battery

this. Decent on gas, reliable, parts are just everywhere.

I have enough food/water/fuel (cooking and heating) to last a week minimum, but no firearms.

Really gotta change that last part

So how do you use these Army FM numbers for ordering anything?

Also, my problem with the Surefire flashlights is that they take stupid batteries. AA and AAA batteries can be found everywhere, and there are piles of $2 LED flashlights out there now. Sure, they aren't as bright as a Surefire but in a year or two you can still find batteries for them.

So how do you use these Army FM numbers for ordering anything?

Also, my problem with the Surefire flashlights is that they take stupid batteries. AA and AAA batteries can be found everywhere, and there are piles of $2 LED flashlights out there now. Sure, they aren't as bright as a Surefire but in a year or two you can still find batteries for them.

It's just the Field Manual # that organizes it. But if you type FM 21-76 in amazon, it should pop up. I usually pick up the clam shell of Surefire 123A batteries. Harder to find and more expensive, but they put out more juice.

As for day or night time movement, I'd leave that up to the immediate danger level. Night time land navigation isn't the easiest by anymeans. Sound and light tend to be amplified at night, but traversing rough terrain is equally as tough.

I think all preparations should be based on what your mindset will be. Will you be offensive or defensive? If you just plan on hunkering down and waiting it out, you might consider building a compound out of Hesco:

http://www.hesco.com/prod_range.asp

A small family could cordon off and protect an area large enough to grow enough crops and raise animals for a sustained period of time.

However, if you take this approach you must be prepared to defend against the marauder types (offensive).

If this is more your type of doing things, really all you need to be prepared to do is out gun and out maneuver the other guy. For a small, tight knit group there will essentially be an endless supply of these "survivalists" that you can kill and live off.

my springfield 9.

compound bow.

field knife.

and a sweet ass bandana.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RhoiX9HEM_o/S6b2PT3XdGI/AAAAAAAABL0/ltAPW_ZnSd8/s400/1028rambo.jpg

:gabe:

its not a red bandanna if you remember he tore it from her dress