Evo is gone... lettuce talk C6's : )

35RFTW

all i know is that they are a blast to drive. my dad has had a 09 z51 and now a grand sport and the only problems he has had is one. the 09 had the chrome 5 spokes and the rims started to pit after a year and a half. covered under warr. but it your getting a used one just look for it. also, look for what one that has the NPP exhaust. its nice to be able to control how loud you want the exhaust or if you want it quite for the highway. after market ones sound great but me and POS vette were talkin today and it might not be wortht he money to go aftermarket. good luck with the search and you'll love it

After speaking with the new owner, the Evo probably needs 1/2 hour of work and a new crank sensor.

If I get lucky..... Ofcoarse my luck is aweful so I doubt it

So it wasn't blown?

It might be. I told him don't bother pulling the head. If it's bad, it's bad. It is getting fully built anyways, so it didn't really matter.

So I am crossing over to the dark side of domestic ownership.. Looking forward to learning about a new platform. Any cliff notes on what to watch out for on these and things that break easily?

If I didn't have 3 kids, I would own a C6. You will love it man.

They are great cars. Not much to worry about as far as I know. How much power you looking to push? Lsx blocks can take a gang of abuse before they go just be smart and upgrade the other stuff to hold it all together and you should have no problems.

Justin make sure you get an 06+, the 05 had the garbarge rear-end. If you can afford it call Smiley I know he is talking about letting his 08 C6 go for CHEAP.

What is cheap? That car is a monstar and I would even may want to take a look at it pending on what your defenition of cheap is. Something tells me it is a lil different than mine ha ha ha.

love my z06. faster than anything i've ever driven stock. like drving a go-cart. the dual mode exhaust is extremely nice, as stated above. not sure what is prone to breaking at stock power levels though. corvetteforum.com is your new best friend

welcome to the dark side

What is cheap? That car is a monstar and I would even may want to take a look at it pending on what your defenition of cheap is. Something tells me it is a lil different than mine ha ha ha.

PM him on here (flattire) and I'm sure he'll work with you :fuckyeah:

36K If cash if there is a trade price goes up.

36K If cash if there is a trade price goes up. Look at the price of stock 08 C6 so at 36 its a steal.

The c5/c6 corvettes are just plain amazing. It's funny how many guys trailer cars and put on race tires, ice intakes,etc to run slower or just as fast as they are bone stock.

I prefer the "raw" feeling of my c5z to my dad's 08 c6 but his is much faster down low (5.3 vs 6.2L) and his seats are better. His had a rear-end binding noise that went away with the addition of a revised lsd fluid under warranty. Had a squeaking noise in the targa top we fixed with a few c-clips. He just changed the battery in his keyfob and they are made of this cheap plastic and tough to get apart so it doesn't go back together properly- apparently the 08+ fobs are less serviceable than the 05-07. However- I would trade a cheap keyfob for the ls3 anyday over the ls2. He only has 6500 miles or so though so only time will tell- I have almost 30K on my c5z (bought it with 13K) and knock on wood other than a broken sun visor clip it has not had any problems.

NOTHING WITH 30k should have any problems!!

Haha- you obviously haven't had a german car or gm product from the 90s on...-

I am in agreement with you and if honda or ford made something comparable to a corvette I would have it as I have had much more success in the reliability department with both of those- I consider it lucky to only have to replace a 3.00 sunvisor clip so far. My f-body had lots of problems at 60K miles and problems started at 25K .

I am sure other makes are good as well- never had a toyota or mitsubishi.

Haha- you obviously haven't had a german car or gm product from the 90s on...-

I am in agreement with you and if honda or ford made something comparable to a corvette I would have it as I have had much more success in the reliability department with both of those- I consider it lucky to only have to replace a 3.00 sunvisor clip so far. My f-body had lots of problems at 60K miles and problems started at 25K .

I am sure other makes are good as well- never had a toyota or mitsubishi.

Well- I jinxed myself- on the drive back from work the SES light came on! Secondary air injection system valve stuck 27K miles- after some research the intake manifold has to come off for this particular valve of 2 if you have adult sized hands? WD40 or seafoam can sometimes loosen them up if you spray it somewhere- joy. It's still a sweet car.

Edited by hpfiend