Stock market FUUUUUUUUUUU

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where like a cnn message board feed? lol.

All over the place, CNN, MSNBC, Fake News, local news sites, other message boards. People just crack me up over this stuff.

Now mind you, I know enough just to be dangerous, but I also know when someone is trying to sell me a turd in a snuggie.

All over the place, CNN, MSNBC, Fake News, local news sites, other message boards. People just crack me up over this stuff.

Now mind you, I know enough just to be dangerous, but I also know when someone is trying to sell me a turd in a snuggie.

Not to stir the pot, but S&P did come out and say the Obama speech was a smokescreen and they know he's just mad about the downgrade.

Not to stir the pot, but S&P did come out and say the Obama speech was a smokescreen and they know he's just mad about the downgrade.

No stiring, it is imporant I think that the real humans of this country talk about this stuff and try to make things better.

We need to make up for the large and scary portion of this country that is not educated and eating the shit ice cream sammich as the watch MTV.

I learned my lesson this week. When you come into a large amount of stock in one company, don't let it just sit there. Probably should have branched out on my inheritance, but at this point I'm just waiting for a rebound.

I did finally get into my 401k at work this week though. Nothing like some free money.

I learned my lesson this week. When you come into a large amount of stock in one company, don't let it just sit there. Probably should have branched out on my inheritance, but at this point I'm just waiting for a rebound.

I did finally get into my 401k at work this week though. Nothing like some free money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qid_WGBrQjA

I learned a lesson too. When you know the market is going to plummet, buy double weighted shorts of the market (QID). Get in, get out, profit.

the differences between AAA and AA+ are actually negligible. The speculative problem is that in contracts and laws for major purchasing compaines(colleges, businesses, etc) are written that they can only engage with AAA. All they need to do is reword that little bit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/06/us-credit-downgrade-history_n_920280.html

someone please give me some cliffnotes on short selling? i get the jist of it but still never understood how you make any profit from it.

you "sell" stock that isnt yours. basically you make money by buying selling stock then buying it back at a lower price.

example:

you think mcdonalds stock is gonna take a shit. you obviously wouldn't want to buy any of it. so you can do the opposite, short sell it.

say its trading at $85 per share. you decide to short sell 1 share at $85. suppose you wait a week, and its down to $82 per share. you buy one share at $82 to cover your short position. You just made $3.

someone please give me some cliffnotes on short selling? i get the jist of it but still never understood how you make any profit from it.

Let's say you wanna short sell PNC

You borrow 100 shares of PNC from someone when the price is currently $10, you then sell those 100 shares at $10.

You then buy back the 100 shares at $5. You just made $5 per share.

Becareful out there my brothers. The last couple days kinda reminiscent of Dec '07.

08 you mean?

but yeah, dont buy into these pops. i have a feeling we still have a ways to drop...

if you look at the 08 charts, most of the carnage took place over about a month or so, a few days isn't anything. of course the bad news kept flowing, the landscape was a little different. i think this should capitulate somewhat quicker as market participants will be a little more agile this go-around.

08 you mean?

but yeah, dont buy into these pops. i have a feeling we still have a ways to drop...

if you look at the 08 charts, most of the carnage took place over about a month or so, a few days isn't anything.

So should I pull my 401K out of the aggrestive investment path and put it in a conversative path for a few weeks? or will that not really help anything?

So should I pull my 401K out of the aggrestive investment path and put it in a conversative path for a few weeks? or will that not really help anything?

leave 401k's alone. the idea around long term investment is that you want to catch all the pops and drops, and it will average out to you realizing a long term gain when you cash out. trying to predict them with your retirement at stake is not good.

if you want to, invest in some speculative stuff with discretionary funds, but I wouldn't use any money you are gonna count on down the line.

leave 401k's alone. the idea around long term investment is that you want to catch all the pops and drops, and it will average out to you realizing a long term gain when you cash out. trying to predict them with your retirement at stake is not good.

To a certain extent yes. I wouldn't fuck with it myself, but my 401K company automatically moves stuff around based on the markets and my growth request e.g. aggressive or stable.

Here's a little tid bit of info for all you fags who are long AAPL. Watch it drop like a rock.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/24/technology/steve_jobs_resigns/index.htm?hpt=hp_t1

SUCK IT.

Not that I could afford AAPL, but I can't help but think that 75% of investors should have already accounted for him leaving. Then again, maybe not, looks to be down 5% in aftermarket trading.