Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see Wisconsin losing again. Either way, OSU is a lot further from making it to that game than they were before today.

yeah I agree. I didnt want to see this team in a BCS game to begin with. I don't see a team that they would beat in a BCS matchup. Hell I dont look for them to win whatever bowl game they go to. Might as well self impose a bowl ban at this point

Boise State goes down :( :( :( !!!!!! I blame it on the white uniforms lmfao, oh well thats the beauty of college football. Now the discussion of a LSU/Bama rematch becomes a lot more realistic should Oregon beat Stanford tonight and Oklahoma State lose to Oklahoma, I really hope that doesn't happen

pretty sad season all around. all the controversy, bullshit, and to top it off--the big 10 is not good this year. can you imagine any big 10 team playing an lsu, or ok state?? as sad as it is to say this, the big 10 champ doesn't deserve the rose bowl this year.

Wow, we suck! Shoulda went for the WIN instead of a Field goal

What? Did you watch the game? Do you know anything about football, this comment alone should get you banned from this thread until you

Can pass a baked football skills test. Is football your favorite show?

Oregon, hands down best non sec west team in the country, ok state is overrated and will get mauled by Oklahoma. You will be seeing a rematch of some sort, Oregon vs lsu or bama vs lsu. Luck did well, I wasn't sold on him before but he is solid. With that said, Oregon is so fast, it's unreal, and chip Kelley doesn't give a shit about field pos, running the score up, or what you think about him. I love watching that team play. They are easily tr most exciting team to watch.

They are the same team that was so fast yet got mauled by Ohio States defense. No team in the Pac12 plays defense. Oregon would get smacked around again by LSU in the NCG. Oklahoma State may not have a defense but I think they could put points on the board against LSU. As long as the SEC doesnt win another championship I am ok with whoever goes lol

Something that makes Oregon's players look so fast is how small they are. James and DeAnthony Thomas are both 5'9" or shorter and 185lbs. or lighter (Thomas probably closer to 170ish). Those little dudes have to move their legs to have any speed. It's not like watching Pryor glide. It's like watching a pomeranian trying to keep up with its owner on a walk.

Something that makes Oregon's players look so fast is how small they are. James and DeAnthony Thomas are both 5'9" or shorter and 185lbs. or lighter (Thomas probably closer to 170ish). Those little dudes have to move their legs to have any speed. It's not like watching Pryor glide. It's like watching a pomeranian trying to keep up with its owner on a walk.

Deanthony Thomas doesnt just look fast that dude is trying out for the Olympic team in 2012 for the 200m dash. They said he holds school records in calirfornia for it. He is a monster, I just meant the team looksfast. The rbs to the guards. And I'm so tired of hearing how it's the same team osu beat. News flash, it's not the same team. It's a better, faster,more experienced team. James is about 10-15 lbs bigger, and better, the qb is better for that offense, that team overall is much better. Now vs the sec they are 0-2 in two yrs but the sec int losing many big bowl games either. Ok state may score a few on lsu or Bama but still wouldn't beat either. Unfortunately the sec will win another ncg because either lsu or Bama will be in the ncg and I highly doubt anyone will beat them. Only thing I hope happens is that Stanford plays one of the two secw teams and gets to look at a real pro defense.

P.S. I fucking hate Purdue. I hate that we seem to suck when we play them. Purdue is the new Illinois.

I usually don't let the opposing team's chants bother me. But 4 hours of.

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

drove me absolutely bonkers.

And I'm so tired of hearing how it's the same team osu beat. News flash, it's not the same team. It's a better, faster,more experienced team.

This Oregon team probably isn't as good as their team last year and the team that they had last year that played in the national title game, IMO, wasn't as good as the team OSU faced in the Rose Bowl. If Oregon had Blount or even just Masoli against Auburn last year they win that game.

Phil all you heard about leading into that OSU/Oregon game was how fast Oregon was, just like last year they were so fast. Then they faced a team outside the Pac12 and got smacked around and suddenly they didnt look so fast anymore. They are entertaining to watch I will give you that, I just don't think they are a serious contender. Stanford is done they will be in the Rose Bowl playing Wisky or Michigan State. That might be a matchup that the Big10 can actually win. As good as Luck is, his WR's are not.

Who ya got this week?

#21 Penn State vs Ohio State (senior day in the shoe, PSU doesn't win in Cbus often. I think its 1 or 2 victories ever)

#16 Nebraska vs #18 Michigan

USC at #4 Oregon (This is my upset pick! USC is a very silten 8-1 this year)

#5 Oklahoma vs #22 Baylor

#13 Kansas State vs #23 Texas

Outside of that its a pretty boring weekend. Alabama is playing powerhours Georgia Southen and South Carolina is playing Citadel, so much for that brutal SEC schedule lol.

I usually don't let the opposing team's chants bother me. But 4 hours of.

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

*toot toot* Boiler Up!

drove me absolutely bonkers.

+infinity

And what was up with their stupid first down chant? Do they say, "First down, bitch!" that is accompanied by a backhand gesture (as though they are backhanding their bitch opponent)? Did you or anyone else notice this as well?