Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking like Urban will sign his deal after the Michigan game, formal announcement/intro via press conference Monday or Tuesday afternoon then fancy, schmancy introduction at halftime of Duke game. I really can't believe that dude had it called over a month ago.

Looking like Urban will sign his deal after the Michigan game, formal announcement/intro via press conference Monday or Tuesday afternoon then fancy, schmancy introduction at halftime of Duke game. I really can't believe that dude had it called over a month ago.

Most likely won't be announced during the halftime of the OSU/Duke game. Read on:

http://theozone.net/football/2011/Michigan/rumormill.html

Most likely won't be announced during the halftime of the OSU/Duke game. Read on:

http://theozone.net/football/2011/Michigan/rumormill.html

There's some loophole that allows them to bypass listing the opening I guess. We'll see.

Also, Castel was in a bit of a twitter war with the people who were talking about the Meyer stuff last week. He was basically just pissed that other people had info he wasn't privy to. He's a little behind the curve it would seem.

Edited by bicranium

There's some loophole that allows them to bypass listing the opening I guess. We'll see.

I'm not so sure about that. The job was even listed internally between when Fickell was named interim and given a contract as the HC.

Meyer says "not true"

I have not been offered any job nor is their a deal in place. I plan on spending Thanksgiving with my family and will not comment on this any further.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7272658/urban-meyer-denies-report-new-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach

Again, Meyer not lying with his "denial." According to nevadabuck on Scout, Meyer is meeting in Atlanta today with Smith, Gee and BoT members to finalize details. His daughter (VB player at GT) has a game today so he wanted to be able to go to that but still get everything ironed out.

I figured the reports that were going widespread this morning were still a little premature. All the info in those reports comes straight from the post on the BuckeyePlanet rumor mill a couple days ago.

Again, Meyer not lying with his "denial." According to nevadabuck on Scout, Meyer is meeting in Atlanta today with Smith, Gee and BoT members to finalize details. His daughter (VB player at GT) has a game today so he wanted to be able to go to that but still get everything ironed out.

I figured the reports that were going widespread this morning were still a little premature. All the info in those reports comes straight from the post on the BuckeyePlanet rumor mill a couple days ago.

I'm not sure I fully believe that. His dad's funeral is Friday and tomorrow is Thanksgiving. While I don't doubt he will be the next coach, I'm not sure much is going to happen with it until at least Sunday.

lol if so enjoy it because its gonna be another 7-8 years before it happens again, remember we have nothing to loose in this game

You have the game to lose you jackass. and i feel brady hoke will have this team playing well here soon.