Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for Boise State to go to the NCG I think the following has to happen....

Let's first take a look at the unbeaten teams from major confrences. (given the winner of the SEC will go to the NCG) most likely being the winner of the bama/lsu game.

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Stanford, and Kansas State.

Oklahoma State and Kansas State play eachother so narrow that down to 3 teams remaining. In order for BSU to go I think all of these teams must lose 1 game. My personal opinion if Boise State wants to play in the NCG they need to join a major conference.

They don't play anybody, blah blah blah lol. All they do is win baby!

#15 Wisconsin vs tOSU (Wisky is pissed, its a night game where historicaly tOSU struggles, i'll be happy if tOSU keeps it within 10)

To the first part, there are plenty of programs that could put up the wins Boise has with their schedule over the years. If the fact that they play garbage 90% of the time didn't come into the discussion then Alabama would join the Sun Belt and win a national title every other year.

And OSU's record in night games... 36-19. Think it would have to be much closer to .500 to say they "historically struggle" in night games. Especially considering almost all of those are against premier competition. Regardless, Wisconsin may very well blow OSU out on Saturday night.

I'm afraid Wisconsin is going to annhilate Ohio State this Saturday.

If I'm Bielma, this is what I'm saying to my team: "Look, guys, a lot of football left to be played, and a bunch of teams in front of us are going to end up losing. But, if we have any chance at all to climb back into this, we have to absolutely destroy every team we play from here on out. I mean like hanging 70 points plus on all of them. By the end of the season, if we do that, the pollsters and media will be convinced it was some weird abberation that we lost at MSU. They'll say it was a night game, that MSU was all jacked up, hell, they might even get around to convincing themselves that the Hail Mary never made it over the goal line and we should have went to overtime. Regardless, none of it works if you just go out and play mediocre football. We start this weekend by embarrassing those fucking Buckeyes - let's give them a historic beating."

I should've rephrased that a little better. They haven't been real great in night games at home during the last 10 years.

"16-10 in night games in 10 years under coach Jim Tressel and 8-3 in road Big Ten night games."

That means they were 8-7 at home at night under Tressell. Theres where I get my "struggle in night games", should've said "in recent years at home"

And no not all those games are against "premier" competition, there are plenty of times we play the likes of Indiana or Minnesota at night.

P.S Go Boise! :)

I should've rephrased that a little better. They haven't been real great in night games at home during the last 10 years.

"16-10 in night games in 10 years under coach Jim Tressel and 8-3 in road Big Ten night games."

That means they were 8-7 at home at night under Tressell. Theres where I get my "struggle in night games", should've said "in recent years at home"

And no not all those games are against "premier" competition, there are plenty of times we play the likes of Indiana or Minnesota at night.

P.S Go Boise! :)

Yeah, recently they haven't been too good. Historically they're pretty damn good. And I didn't say all of them are against premier competition, but most of them are. Yeah, some of the shitty teams in the B1G try to pull a fast one on OSU by playing at night (Minnesota a few years ago, Indiana in 2009, Northwestern in 2004, etc.) but most of the night games are PSU, Wisconsin, USC, Texas, Miami, Iowa, etc.

And I don't know exactly where you got that number but OSU hasn't even played 15 home night games in their history so going 8-7 at home under Tressel at night is impossible. OSU is 7-3 all-time in home night games. 2-3 under Tressel in home night games which goes with saying OSU has struggled recently in home night games. They were undefeated in home night games until that fucker Tressel showed up. Good thing we got rid of him. :dumb:

Yeah, recently they haven't been too good. Historically they're pretty damn good. And I didn't say all of them are against premier competition, but most of them are. Yeah, some of the shitty teams in the B1G try to pull a fast one on OSU by playing at night (Minnesota a few years ago, Indiana in 2009, Northwestern in 2004, etc.) but most of the night games are PSU, Wisconsin, USC, Texas, Miami, Iowa, etc.

And I don't know exactly where you got that number but OSU hasn't even played 15 home night games in their history so going 8-7 at home under Tressel at night is impossible. OSU is 7-3 all-time in home night games. 2-3 under Tressel in home night games which goes with saying OSU has struggled recently in home night games. They were undefeated in home night games until that fucker Tressel showed up. Good thing we got rid of him. :dumb:

Texas that won the National Championship

Decent Penn State

Decent USC

meeeh

Umm that was from Buckeye Extra.com I too once thought there hadn't been many night games (thought the Penn State game was only the 8th one played there?) However according to that site there have been more...

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/09/18/osu-night-games-9-18-art-gpke6f52-1.html

That's the exact same place I'm getting my numbers...lol. Not sure how you found 8-7 though because it's just not there. There have been 10 home night games in Ohio State history.

And I was actually wrong. Forgot Tressel was here in 2001. So his home night game record is 3-3, not 2-3. But not 8-7 either.

Umm that was from Buckeye Extra.com I too once thought there hadn't been many night games (thought the Penn State game was only the 8th one played there?) However according to that site there have been more...

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/09/18/osu-night-games-9-18-art-gpke6f52-1.html

That says there have been 10

And yes PSU would have been the 8th.

USC-9

Marshall-10

That's the exact same place I'm getting my numbers...lol. Not sure how you found 8-7 though because it's just not there. There have been 10 home night games in Ohio State history.

And I was actually wrong. Forgot Tressel was here in 2001. So his home night game record is 3-3, not 2-3. But not 8-7 either.

Fuck I dont remeber where I found the first set of numbers, maybe I am confusing 2 together, at this point I am confused lol. I know OSU has played in a lot of night games the last 10 years

14-9 (thats not a great record) and most of those wins were against the Northwestern, Indiana and Minnesotas of the world. We struggle against ranked opponents at night, see Penn State, Texas, USC, Wisconsin.

2010:

Marshall Win

@Wisconsin Loss

@Minnesota Win

2009:

USC loss

@Indiana win

2008:

@USC loss

@Wisky win

Penn State loss

2007:

@Minnesota Win

@Purdue Win

@Penn State Win

2006:

@Texas Win

@Iowa Win

2005:

Texas Loss

@Penn State Loss

2004:

@ Northwestern Loss

2003:

Washington Win

@Wisconsin Loss

2002:

@Northwestern Win

2001:

Northwestern Win

@Arizona Win

@Minnesota Win

Pre Tressell:

99 UCLA

97 Wyoming

93 Washington

85 Pittsburgh

I will try to find that site I was on earlier to see what the hell they were talking about.