Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did and he has $500k buyouts for 2 college programs and 2 NFL teams...

I know OSU is one of the college programs (Texas may be the other - I forget) and the 2 NFL teams I believe are Miami and Dallas.

I doubt any of this is true but I was listening to ESPN radio(the common man & torg) and they were talking about Pete Carroll possibly leaving the NFL to come back to the college level? I say I doubt it because of all the USC NCAA violations, but another what if

You think the NCAA would go after Petey if he returned to college football? I would not be surprised to see Carroll back in CFB at some point but I think that's what you're implying?

He'll see how long Tressel's show cause is and stay away for that long from when USC was punished, if that makes sense.

So then you are saying he wasn't a very good player

no sir.

That would also then follow that Jon Harbaugh and Rex Ryan are bad coaches, when both were coaches at UC.... Same with Dantonio and that rat bastard Brian Kelly.... We are a great stepping stone apparently :lol:

Big rumor floating around now that Urban will be announced as HC at halftime of OSU-Duke basketball game on 11/29. Would be INCREDIBLE timing. Right after the Michigan game, halftime of a NATIONAL broadcast, would give Urban 2 months to work on the recruiting class and get a solid staff together... if this is true I couldn't be happier.

I highly doubt this will happen. I still say its Luke that will be the head coach next year until they officially announce a replacement. Luke is a cheap hire full time, has been here for over 10 years, will have more chance to get his staff together rather then have to work with what Tress left behind. Wont have all the suspensions, little easier schedule next year ect.

Urban will be here 2-3 years and then be gone as soon as Braxton graduates and will blame it on a stress related health concern.

Would rather have gruden

He was my #1 want as well, but he just resigned with ESPN for MNF. I honestly think he'll either never coach again or will be back in the NFL. Every year it seems he is rumored for some college team and it never happens.

A big-time booster who posts his information regularly on Scout.

Nevada Buck is accurate about half the time, look at his history with recruiting "inside" information. He whiffs a lot, so again I will wait until this happens and even then I will bitch about the hiring simply because I am not an Urban Meyer fan at all!!!! To me he is a bitch that leaves a team whenever the star player leaves or he feels mediocracy is looming. Left Utah after Alex Smith graduated, left Florida after realizing maybe the talent just wasn't there...

I don't see how he goes from having health concerns and wanting to spend time with his famly, to taking 1 of the most pressure cooking jobs in America. If he thought coaching at Florida was stressful, wait til he loses a game here in Columbus, he'll be wishing he had stayed retired.

I agree, because Meyer is not NEARLY conservative enough in play calling for traditional OSU football.

Yeah becasue OSU didn't average 38 points a game last year and 35 in 06. Tressell turned the dogs loose when he actually had them to use. Look at the years where he was "conservative" the playmakers simply were not there, even the 02 team didn't have big playmakers outside of MoC and he was injured a few games that year. The next biggest playmaker was the kicker lol.

05- 29ppg

06- 35ppg

07- 32ppg

08- 28ppg

09- 29ppg

10- 38ppg

Not bad for being conservative lol. Oh yeah OSU lost 11 games in that period of time. During that same span USC lost 15, Florida 15, LSU 17, Oklahoma 19...

BTW just read that OSU is paying Fickell $775k this year

Yeah becasue OSU didn't average 38 points a game last year and 35 in 06. Tressell turned the dogs loose when he actually had them to use. Look at the years where he was "conservative" the playmakers simply were not there, even the 02 team didn't have big playmakers outside of MoC and he was injured a few games that year. The next biggest playmaker was the kicker lol.

05- 29ppg

06- 35ppg

07- 32ppg

08- 28ppg

09- 29ppg

10- 38ppg

Not bad for being conservative lol. Oh yeah OSU lost 11 games in that period of time. During that same span USC lost 15, Florida 15, LSU 17, Oklahoma 19...

BTW just read that OSU is paying Fickell $775k this year

How inflated are those numbers due to playing crappy schools.....whats the ppg in big ten play i wonder

I know the game very well actually, played from 6-graduation, could've went to college had I not got sick my senior year with mono and dropped 60+lbs. People feel he was conservative because he played some games close, but if you look at most of those games there was generally something that caused it. For instance the Purdue game OSU lost a couple years ago, the weather was shitty that day, didn't really have a premier running back for Pryor to hand off too and couldn't really chuck the rock 30+ times. Trust me Tress drove me nuts sometimes with his decision making, but to be fair he put points on the board and check marks in the Win column.

i still feel the nebraska loss has to fall on the coaches' shoulders. OSU will not get any more booster support from me if fickel is head coach next year. period. doesn't seem like a huge threat, but there are likely thousands of others in my shoes---that adds up.

i still feel the nebraska loss has to fall on the coaches' shoulders. OSU will not get any more booster support from me if fickel is head coach next year. period. doesn't seem like a huge threat, but there are likely thousands of others in my shoes---that adds up.

So you mean no more over inflated work earnings? :lolguy:

I would have a hard time supporting this school if Fickell goes 8-4 or 9-3 considering all the bullshit this team has had to go through. They should've won the Nebraska game I will give you that, the defense let down. Christian Bryant goes for a big hit rather then the typical normal tackel, that results in a huge gain and Nebraska is on the scoreboard a couple plays later. I know 1 play doesn't make or break a game, but had that not happened I feel OSU still wins. Not to mention Boom Herron and Posey were supposed to be back that game until the NCAA fucked OSU for the 2nd time this year.

The Miami and MSU games should've been wins as well, but you can't change any of that. What happens if Fickell leads OSU to a monster upset next week against a a top 5 ranked Wisconsin and ends the year by beating a top 25 Michigan?

I know the game very well actually, played from 6-graduation, could've went to college had I not got sick my senior year with mono and dropped 60+lbs. People feel he was conservative because he played some games close, but if you look at most of those games there was generally something that caused it. For instance the Purdue game OSU lost a couple years ago, the weather was shitty that day, didn't really have a premier running back for Pryor to hand off too and couldn't really chuck the rock 30+ times. Trust me Tress drove me nuts sometimes with his decision making, but to be fair he put points on the board and check marks in the Win column.

Not doubthing that tressel was a great coach, and OSU a great team, but the bottom line is, he very very very very very rarely makes risky/non-conservative play calls. It's just not his style.

Oh and vs the SEC they averaged 23 points (the Florida game kills the average lol)

No they didnt. They averaged 16.8 pts per game all time, and got a HUGE boost thanks to a 49 pt win over UK, like everyone does.

PS, with the vacated win last year, they are still 0-9 vs SEC in bowl games...

Not doubthing that tressel was a great coach, and OSU a great team, but the bottom line is, he very very very very very rarely makes risky/non-conservative play calls. It's just not his style.

No they didnt. They averaged 16.8 pts per game all time, and got a HUGE boost thanks to a 49 pt win over UK, like everyone does.

PS, with the vacated win last year, they are still 0-9 vs SEC in bowl games...

Umm I was talking about the Tressel era.... and who gives a fuck about the vacated wins, we know what happened on the field that day. I hate when people pull that card, I have a buddy that is a Michigan fan and he says that same shit all the time when we talk about the rivalry.

Whats for dinner?

So you mean no more over inflated work earnings? :lolguy:

not sure what this means---that i earn too much money? much of my money actually goes to the graduate school. you can call me overpaid as much as you'd like. just as soon as you can do my job.

I would have a hard time supporting this school if Fickell goes 8-4 or 9-3 considering all the bullshit this team has had to go through.

i think you mean you would have a hard time NOT supporting him. they have to win out, just to go 9-3. and everyone posting in this thread knows that will simply not happen. i could see 8-4. still gives no excuse for the nebraska and miami losses. miami pretty much sucks, and they annihilated us.

What happens if Fickell leads OSU to a monster upset next week against a a top 5 ranked Wisconsin and ends the year by beating a top 25 Michigan?

he still has to go. i'm not against him personally. i followed him and looked up to him when he was a standout high school wrestler. he's just not right for this job, at this time.

No no that was in reference to boosters getting OSU kids in trouble by paying them for work not complete. Not a reference to how much/little you make, I really could care less honestly lol.

No I could have an easy time supporting him, hell I support him now. Most OSU fans are insane and believe that unless you win 10+ games its a failure. The man was tossed into a shitty situation and is making the best of it. Its clear the talent that was left after the suspensions just wasn't what everyone had thought it'd be. I have said numerous times that the team up until Boom returned lacked a playmaker on offense, the linebackers are not very good and the qb situation is a disaster thus far. Braxton is nowhere near ready to be the starting qb at the college level.

I don't think anyone would be right for the job currently honestly. I don't think Meyer, Gruden or god himself would be doing much better then what Fickell has done thus far.