Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Glad you guys were able to find that, my searching skills have left me apparently lol. All I remember about the Iowa game was Gonzo's sweet ass run after the catch where he went 30 yards this way, then 20 backwards and then this way lol

LOL, that's about the only thing I remember from that game too! That was definitely a great run.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamaal Berry just needs to pack his bags and take his non performing ass back to Florida. Kid has been a bust, sucks cause he was my favorite recruit in that class based on highlight films.

Ohio State football player Jaamal Berry has been named a suspect in an alleged assault that occurred Friday morning, according to a report from the Columbus Police Department. It is the second incident involving Berry allegedly assaulting another individual in less than a month.

The latest incident occurred at 2:20 a.m. Friday on Vine Street, behind North Market, and involved a 21-year-old non-OSU student. The victim was "struck in the face with a closed fist," according to the Columbus police report.

Berry, a redshirt sophomore running back, was with another African-American male and was allegedly yelling at the victim and his friend, after the victim was struck by a car. The victim, who The Lantern has chosen not to name at this time, said that Berry and his friend were yelling vulgar remarks at him. After asking why they were yelling, the victim said that Berry crossed the street and punched his friend, and then punched him in the face with a closed fist.

Berry was later identified by a witness, and the alleged victim said he confirmed Berry's identity when shown a picture by police.

The victim's mother, who requested anonymity, said she spoke with Gene Smith, OSU athletic director, about the incident on Friday afternoon.

Smith said that the athletic department is aware that Berry might have been involved in an altercation.

"We have not been informed by anyone else that charges have been filed," Smith told The Lantern Monday. "If Jaamal is charged, he will be suspended pending the outcome of the case."

Berry and other witnesses involved did not immediately respond to The Lantern's requests for comment.

On Sept. 28, Berry was involved in what an OSU police report described as an "assault" on another student. Berry was admitted and released from the OSU Medical Center and no charges were filed.

This stuff happens everywhere, its just bigger at tOSU because of whats gone down the last 18 months. You should see all the idiot fans on sports forums defending this guy "innocent until proven guilty" ect. One coach can not watch 105 players at a time so there is bound to be someone that is slipping through the cracks.

Glad you guys were able to find that, my searching skills have left me apparently lol. All I remember about the Iowa game was Gonzo's sweet ass run after the catch where he went 30 yards this way, then 20 backwards and then this way lol

Troy had an insane pass to Robo that I vividly remember in that game too. The best thing about the Gonzo run was the "double kill" Hartline had on the block that really got him into the end zone. Hartline was a MEAN dude in his supporting roles early in his career. Big hits on kick coverage and blocking.

You should be more concerned with osu breaking 0.500 on the season than who they 'would' beat that's not on the schedule...

Indiana, Purdue, Penn State.

I'd worry about your team doing something noteworthy before talking shit.

I guess living in the past gets you through the disappointments of the present. Don't let me interfere with your coping mechanisms.

I guess living in imaginary land helps even more?

Indiana, Purdue, Penn State.

I'd worry about your team doing something noteworthy before talking shit.

When you're just a little BE school it is noteworthy to have a better weekly rating than the big NFL football factory school up the road.

Hell when you're rebounding from a 4 win season (after back-to-back conference titles and BCS's bids), just having 6 wins is noteworthy!