Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NCAA is a fucking joke, look what they did to USC, 5 fucking years later!! So much for NC in 2012....I think we'll see some kids transfer and decommit honestly

I don't, they will see the big picture, no pressure next year, and Game on in 2013 as a really really good team. These guys coming in want to have the NC in their Junior and Senior years anyway, they will be taken higher in the draft when they come out because of it.

Lmfao people already turning on Urban over on scout!! Just read "look for a lot of transfers and decommits due to being lied to by the new Head Coach"

Also laughing at people already asking if players that haven't redshirted can do so next year such as Braxton Miller and Ryan Shazier along with all the incoming kids. Lets just field a team of 3rd stringers and walk ons, that'll show the NCAA

And so much for Nevadabuck being accurate, now you see why I don't believe much that comes out of his mouth. I believe I was the one that said OSU would get hammered by the NCAA...

The 2013 class that everyone feels was going to be the #1 class in the country just took a major hit. As did the 2014 class

How does the 9 schollies break down?

2012=3 (were done recruiting basically)

2013=3

2014=3

lol... somehow you bash nevada in this? Oh no his hit rate takes a 0.1% decline because he didn't have the bowl ban and neither did basically anyone else. The scholarship reductions are meaningless (just like he said they would be all along) as is the probation. The scholarships basically mean no more bonus scholarships for hard-working walk-ons for 3 years like Tressel liked to give out. 2 scholarships opened up today with the news that Fellows and McVey were getting medical hardship waivers. And with Graham transferring... boom. There's 1 year of the scholarship penalty taken care of...lol. Like I said... meaningless.

I expect Brionte Dunn to flip, he was worried about sanctions and was assured by Urban that they weren't going to be stiff at all.

a 1 year bowl ban isn't that big of a deal. It's just the NCAA lied and flipped everything that's the big deal.

Come to think about it, Recruiting may take a hit, with the probation, what if some dumb idiot on Special teams goes out and does something stupid and gets caught? Boom, there goes a few more years.... If I were a recruit, you would have to take that into consideration. You can't control your other teammates. OSU will be on a very short leash.

Roflmao its total meltdown on scout, people saying Boom/Adams and Posey should not even go to Florida for the bowl game since this is all their fault. Others saying OSU should just kneel on every down in the gator bowl...ah times like these make me proud to be a Buckeye fan lmfao

Come to think about it, Recruiting may take a hit, with the probation what if some dumb idiot on Special teams goes out and does something stupid and gets caught? Boom, there goes a few more years.... If I was a recruit, you would have to take that into consideration. You can't control your other teammates. OSU will be on a very short leash.

Probation is on the school's side, not the player's side. If some guy is going out and getting cash for no reason other than being a football player, the the person providing the cash is not a booster, and somehow it all gets caught, that doesn't affect probation. It's when the school fucks up. Aka a Booster giving cash. Or lying about knowing your players are getting cash. That kind of stuff.

By saying I don't believe much that comes out of his mouth is somehow bashing? man you must be a sensative guy if thats bashing lol.

The reductions of schollies may not be a lot, you're right about that. I totally forgot about McVey and Fellows. Add in Graham and Berry being gone, theres 4 schollies. I dont think Berry is ever going to play for Ohio State again.

Tress hit with a 5 year show cause! Also people are already nervous that Schutt, Spence, Washington and Pittman will decommit due to this. Hopefully its just a lot of people over reacting and the recrutis will realize they will most likely redshirt next year and be just fine for the other 3-4 years they are here.

Stop saying "punished for senior's mistakes"... the SCHOOL is being punished for the SCHOOL'S mistakes.... yea, its the kids on the team that dont get a bowl game, and 3 /yr that lose scholarships... but the SCHOOL is the responsible party.

Was the entire school hanging out in a tattoo parlor?

Was the entire school hanging out in a tattoo parlor?

That didn't get them the bowl ban. The people in charge turned a blind eye to certain infractions. If Tress had turned the players in and Bobby G had already been disassociated and the players were monitored on jobs like they were supposed to be, this is nothing more than a few players suspended a few games in 2010

Shouldn't have allowed them to play in the Sugar Bowl...just shows the NCAA is full of hypocrits. Hey we'll let you play in a BCS game as long as you make us millions from ratings, we'll wait til after you sign a contract to play in the Gator Bowl, before cutting your throat for the next year.

I wonder if an appeal is on the way from OSU?