Best modular build shop and piston.

nuttinfas

I have a96 cobra and im gonna have a motor built unless someone has a forged one forsale. Who is the best place. I might pull the engine myself or let them do it all. Its gonna be a supercharger.build. Which dome piston should I get. Im gonna use my stock crank and block. Id like to get more torque.

honestly, i'd sell the block and crank on craigslist, and just go with an aluminator and be done with it. the aluminator should be able to handle what you're looking for power-wise. assuming its a teksid block, you'll pull some decent cash for it.

finding a shop locally to machine everything to spec, assemble everything properly the first time, and stand behind their work is a tall order if you ask me.

honestly, i'd sell the block and crank on craigslist, and just go with an aluminator and be done with it. the aluminator should be able to handle what you're looking for power-wise. assuming its a teksid block, you'll pull some decent cash for it.

finding a shop locally to machine everything to spec, assemble everything properly the first time, and stand behind their work is a tall order if you ask me.

Seriously, an aluminator? Must be nice to be made of money.

Stick with the block you have if its a Teksid and ditch the crank/rods/pistons. You can run a 03/04 Cobra crank with some manley rods and maybe some JE pistons or whatever is popular with Modular guys.

Stick with the block you have if its a Teksid and ditch the crank/rods/pistons. You can run a 03/04 Cobra crank with some manley rods and maybe some JE pistons or whatever is popular with Modular guys.

and..............................................................

after all is said and done, you'll be right at the price of an aluminator. i swear i thought the shortblock was $4500. not that bad for an aluminum, forged bottom end. you have to pay to play.

and..............................................................

after all is said and done, you'll be right at the price of an aluminator. i swear i thought the shortblock was $4500. not that bad for an aluminum, forged bottom end. you have to pay to play.

There is no way a build of a modular block, if it is a teksid, should come that close to an Aluminator. If someone quoted me that I would walk out and never speak their name again.

I am in the process of rebuilding mine and searched for hours about pistons. I ended up ordering 20 over Diamond pistons with an 11cc dish. Compensating for the additional bore, on an 03 Cobra motor it will bump the compression a smidge just shy of 9:1

But without knowing the rest of your setup, boost levels, etc. it's hard to say

I would call mmr, they are cool guys and I know they will do any future motors for me. I have a ton of customers using their motors and all seem happy

+1

MMR did great with me. My shortblock shipped with ARP mains, ARP2000 rod bolts and side block bolts was only $2992 shipped..but then again, thats when they had a sale going on but still, they are fairly priced.

Why is it so hard to find a decent mechanic who will stand by his work and his mistakes now days.

Mmr was my next opion. really wanted someone local though.

Most of the machine shops locally arent any good or are so good they are backed up for months.

Mechanics have been beaten up by soo many lawsuits and crap like that these days over dumb shit that I cant imagine anyone would want to ever work in that field.