Question for guys with quick cars

Rustlestiltskin

Now I know my car really isnt that fast but to me I consider it a quick car. It makes over 400whp and seems a little quick. Now after driving it soo much I feel it isn't really quick anymore or doesnt seem like it's got much power. Do any of you guys get soo used to your cars that you think it's not even fast anymore or doesn't have much power as when you got it or impress you anymore? I'm so used to my car it feels like I'm driving a stock gto even though when I take friends for a ride they re assure me it's def not stock.

Any comments from people who feel this way about their cars would be awesome. Thanks.

Paul

IMO its because of straight line speed vs cornering speed. If your car is a straight line car, you can get bored with it because there are fewer ways to vary your car's driving experience; its always going to need a long straightaway for how its set up.

Set up a car for quickness around corners, and you've got any number of variables to make your driving experience more hair raising in terms of where you drive.

If you drove it every day then yes, even a 600 bhp car would seem stock after a while. My 06 GT makes 348 rwhp and it always feels fast after driving the slowass F150 or Sable for a few days.

just imagine how much your mind would be blown is you road in a yellow gto. even your fast car would feel slow

:lolguy:

IMO its because of straight line speed vs cornering speed. If your car is a straight line car, you can get bored with it because there are fewer ways to vary your car's driving experience; its always going to need a long straightaway for how its set up.

Set up a car for quickness around corners, and you've got any number of variables to make your driving experience more hair raising in terms of where you drive.

Luckily I live on windy country roads so it always keeps me entertained

Even though my Camaro feels faster then the other cars we own, it really doesn't impress me or feel fast. I look at that car like a neverending, forever evolving project because to keep me entertained it needs to change and be changed.