Must eat places in NE Cleveland/Mentor...?

Bam

I live in Mentor, let me know if you're looking for anything real specific. Melt in Cleveland Hts. is the best grilled cheese you'll ever have, with a great draft list as well. Brennan's has great seafood, as does Pickle Bill's right across the street, but it is more expensive and you're mostly paying for the seating on the water and the floating bar.

Mama Roberto's on Mentor Ave. has really great Italian food and you get a lot for what you pay for, but the quality is still there. There is a good hot dog place on Route 44 going toward the lake if you're looking for a quick lunch, not sure if they have closed down for the year yet though. Check out Great Lakes Brewery downtown, or Willoughby Brewing Company which is one town over in Willoughby. Also there is Ballantine's in downtown Willoughby which has good food and beer (beer can get pricey though).

If you don't mind chain locations, we have a Winking Lizard, Quaker Steak, DiBella's Subs, pretty much everything. What are you in the area for?

I need to go visit grandma and get some brennans before she moves to FL for the winter...god im so hungry for some fresh perch and walleye now.

And matt, ill pay you to stop at T&T bakery in painesville and bring me 2-3 loaves of blueberry pound cake. Seriously. :fa:

I live in Mentor, let me know if you're looking for anything real specific. Melt in Cleveland Hts. is the best grilled cheese you'll ever have, with a great draft list as well. Brennan's has great seafood, as does Pickle Bill's right across the street, but it is more expensive and you're mostly paying for the seating on the water and the floating bar.

Mama Roberto's on Mentor Ave. has really great Italian food and you get a lot for what you pay for, but the quality is still there. There is a good hot dog place on Route 44 going toward the lake if you're looking for a quick lunch, not sure if they have closed down for the year yet though. Check out Great Lakes Brewery downtown, or Willoughby Brewing Company which is one town over in Willoughby. Also there is Ballantine's in downtown Willoughby which has good food and beer (beer can get pricey though).

If you don't mind chain locations, we have a Winking Lizard, Quaker Steak, DiBella's Subs, pretty much everything. What are you in the area for?

There was a place we went to last year, went south on heisley rd the. took a left...they had pizza, but much more on the menu...BIG bar, but still family friendly, patio area, and cornhole board on the patio..any idea of the place im thinking? It was good, just cant remember the name...i would if i heard it...it was on the south side of the road

There was a place we went to last year, went south on heisley rd the. took a left...they had pizza, but much more on the menu...BIG bar, but still family friendly, patio area, and cornhole board on the patio..any idea of the place im thinking? It was good, just cant remember the name...i would if i heard it...it was on the south side of the road

Sounds a lot like Winking Lizard. Assuming you took Rt. 2 to Heisley, then went south over the big bridge until you hit Mentor Ave. then took a left, it would have been on your right (south side of Mentor Ave). About 5-10 minutes if you took the exit of Rt. 2. Was it on the far right end of a shopping plaza close to a Qdoba?

Piew W- Best Sea Food in Cleveland. (Also, guaranteed to get you laid)

XO Prime Steaks- Best Steak In Cleveland.

The Beer Engine- Best Wings/Sauce in Cleveland. Right there for Best Burger as well

Melt-Best "Novelty Food" in Cleveland.

Is Pier W the one that part of the dining room overhangs? Heard that place has a crazy view, what's the food/prices like for 2 people w/ drinks?

Is Pier W the one that part of the dining room overhangs? Heard that place has a crazy view' date=' what's the food/prices like for 2 people w/ drinks?[/quote']

Yes. Even if the food sucked the View alone would get you a bo bo on the way home. But, its the best seafood around. Period.

http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php

Poke around for pricing, but figure $100.

Sounds a lot like Winking Lizard. Assuming you took Rt. 2 to Heisley' date=' then went south over the big bridge until you hit Mentor Ave. then took a left, it would have been on your right (south side of Mentor Ave). About 5-10 minutes if you took the exit of Rt. 2. Was it on the far right end of a shopping plaza close to a Qdoba?[/quote']

No, it wasnt WL...ill get on google maps today and check

Melt is like Thurmans.....great novelty, terrible service, mediocre food. The one in Cleveland Heights, is about 3 blocks away from me.

Are you on drugs? Every single time I go I have had great service and great food. Never once had a bad experience. The 1 hour or longer wait every time I have been there says something about their service and food.

Sounds a lot like Winking Lizard. Assuming you took Rt. 2 to Heisley' date=' then went south over the big bridge until you hit Mentor Ave. then took a left, it would have been on your right (south side of Mentor Ave). About 5-10 minutes if you took the exit of Rt. 2. Was it on the far right end of a shopping plaza close to a Qdoba?[/quote']

Hairy buffalo was the place...it was good food

is Meximilian's in mentor still around?? i used to love that place as a kid. great tex mex food and the building was cool!

eta....i just google street viewed it and it looks like it might now be a kia dealership...wtf >:(

eta #2

this place has awesome pizza...used to go there every week with my family!

http://pettispizza.com/

Are you on drugs? Every single time I go I have had great service and great food. Never once had a bad experience. The 1 hour or longer wait every time I have been there says something about their service and food.

No it doesn't. There is a 1 hour or more wait at Thurman's too. The food is mediocre there as well.

Melt is a great novelty, don't get me wrong......but the food is mediocre at best. I just went there this past weekend. Ordered an Appetizer, 2 Sandwhiches, and some beers with my wife.

We never got the Appetizer, never charged either

1 Sandwhich was wrong (these things take 30 minutes to cook, so it is a long ass wait to get it redone)

The only thing done right was the beer.

I have been there about a dozen times, because every time someone visits me from Columbus, they have to go to Melt. It is like the Thurman's of grilled cheese sandwhiches.

If you want some good Pizza up here, I would suggest Guys Pizza.

They have the most authentic Deep Dish Pizza I have seen in Ohio. It is about 3-4 inches deep, 5 toppings to fill it, and 3 Cheeses on top. A medium is only 15 bucks, and can feed me for 3 days.