Joel wants a toy

OGRE

I'm looking for somthing to take up some space in my garage/wrench on and flog on the weekends. Most know i'm fond of 96-98 mustangs, but i want other ideas too, here is the criteria:

-Rear wheel drive

-2 doors

-Stick shift

-$4500

Go!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions, i have found all of 1 bmws on craigslist.

The supra idea is something i may seriously look into further, just in columbus i have found a couple that look nice for cheap.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2564292841.html

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2602125569.html - bad wheels

miata, no way i'm 6'3 but my body type is a bit wierd, i have a long torso and short legs, so as i sit my head hight is more like somone who is closer to 6-6.

300zx, oh hell no i've seen how hard they are to work on :D although they are gorgous and in budget.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2570716720.html

i'm hoping to pick up something pretty clean in that range and hopefully get a steal because no many people buy sports cars in the winter.

E30 with m52 swap, s52 cams, m50 intake manifold, asc secondary delete (if equipped on intake), electric fan conversion, i/h/e, tune, suspension mods, be a nice little car. Or skip swap and find e36 328is and then do the mods. That keeps it fairly cheap, but if want to get wild, boost it!

But I also dig the old supra idea. Always liked them.

The Orge, in a miata?

SRSLY ?

You know Adam Green(FourString) right?? He fits in a 1st gen miata......sorta!:megusta:

If you can find a decent e30 get that, otherwise get a mustang. That's what I did and have been enjoying 2.5 years of fun with the car, fuck what anyone has to say about them.

You know Adam Green(FourString) right?? He fits in a 1st gen miata......sorta!:megusta:

If you can find a decent e30 get that, otherwise get a mustang. That's what I did and have been enjoying 2.5 years of fun with the car, fuck what anyone has to say about them.

gay

300zx, oh hell no i've seen how hard they are to work on :D although they are gorgous and in budget.

They really aren't any harder than anything else once you are familiar with them. That being said, I agree with everyone else saying stick with a Mustang, it's fits the criteria for budget, fun factor, parts availability etc. It's crazy how cheap you can find them with a bit of patience waiting for the right one to pop up.

I always hear these suggestions for cheap, decent condition e30...i guess im not looking in the right place, where are you all finding these things?

R3vlimited.com

Shit my bro just sold a minty southern 318is for like 2k.

E30 with m52 swap, s52 cams, m50 intake manifold, asc secondary delete (if equipped on intake), electric fan conversion, i/h/e, tune, suspension mods, be a nice little car. Or skip swap and find e36 328is and then do the mods. That keeps it fairly cheap, but if want to get wild, boost it!

But I also dig the old supra idea. Always liked them.

I had an s50 in my e30, shit was a blast.