[Pics] 740i Gets Cleaned Up

ForeverMaker

Richard's (Das Borgen on CR) 740i came to me in great shape... for its age. The interior, engine bay, and body looked pretty decent.

But 170k miles cannot hide for long. From 20 feet the paint looked OK but upon close inspection you could see the true story revealed. An almost insane amount of swirling and rock chips riddled the paint. I would guess kids had used this car to sled on in the winter months.

GOAL: Clean up the interior and paint. Bring out the richness and glossiness of the black, but not break the bank, or my back.

Exterior Before

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

The hood and trunk had lots of deep pits and scratches

DSC_0070.JPG

Correction Begins - An atypical section. I will admit most areas weren't able to be corrected this well in our time frame.

Before

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

Interior Before - Pretty good shape.

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

After shots, lets wrap it up....

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

As long as it doesn't have dealer tags and got it's ass whupped by a stock GTO, we're good.

:dumb:lolwut?! 7 series aren't meant for power and straight-line launching....they're for cruising quietly and smoothly and carrying 3 or 4 dead hookers (uncut) in the trunk

Looks great, but is this tire a bit low?

Ryan hooked me up with free air!...in any event, since then, I put on my winter tires

Bring that one to C&C

will do...i still need to hit you up for some debadging....any beer preference?

Ill be giving you a call in the spring if i still have my legacy ryan.

my M3 is already penciled in :megusta::megusta:

the exterior was in pretty crappy shape and Ryan did a fantastic job. same thing for the interior and engine bay....

the car rocks!

I can't wait for him to finish up the TA, people will be shocked at what the car looks like.

Just like the red dot that appears inside the laser gun OHP use as they bag you from miles away as you roll towards them screaming give me the ticket :gabe:

Unless you're a fan of wood grain you should pull all the wood grain and get it painted a nice high gloss black or something. When I had my e39 5 series I did that with all the wood grain and it made the car look and feel so much more modern inside. With the exception of the the shifter and the panel around it all of the parts come off really easily but you'll find that the plastic holders behind the trim will probably need to be replaced due to age once you pull the trim they won't wanna hold it nice and tight the way the we're meant to. I bought all new ones from the stealerships when I did mine and it might of been 15 or 20 bucks max. There are several of them behind each piece of trim. All of the trim is actually metal with a thin wood grain glued to it then clear coated so it scuffs for painting really easily once off the car. Just my 2cents. Nice car for the mileage though by the way.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Looking forward to this spring. I have a feeling it will be busy.

Unless you're a fan of wood grain you should pull all the wood grain and get it painted a nice high gloss black or something.

I need to do that with my Audi. I am hoping it isn't a huge pain to remove.