what size belt for CCW + casual non CCW use?

evan9381

so, my belt i've owned for ~13 years (and wear almost daily) started to fall apart. finally after a while of searching, i found a seller of belts that are what im looking for. seem to be good quality leather/construction

they sell a 1.5" belt, as well as a 1.75"...this will be a belt i wear most days, and at a lot of times when im not carrying, or carrying my keltec in my pocket vs my M&P on my hip.

I would guess the 1.75" should provide better support than 1.5" while carrying, but do you think the extra 1/4" of width will provide a noticeable more amount of support over the 1.5"? the belt i've had forever is 1.25", so both are going to be a wider belt than what im used to.

Honestly man if its a nice quality heavy belt I'd go with the 1.5", unless your carrying other shit like a mag pouch and a light or other crap your not going to need the extra width at all and like you said its already wider than you've gotten use to. I'm a nylon fan myself and the 1.75" nylon belt I first tried was way overkill, the only thing I carry is my weapon, no other accessories or anything, I went to a 1.5 inch pretty thick nylon one now and do not have any problems supporting my holsters without it flopping around, even if I'm going mexican around the house with my clipdraw, I see no need for the overly wide belts just to carry a gun alone.

There are belts out there designed with carrying in mind. Try 5.11

This wont be a belt for carry first, daily use second, it will be daily first, carry second, so i dont want to buy a specific gun belt that wont go with what i need to wear to work, etc. Ive been looking for a new belt for a while, and yet to find something i actually like, until recent...ill check out 5.11, but with my taste, itll probably be hard to find something i like. It sounds like 1badv8dime answered what i was going for

Some brands of jeans have small belt loops...you can get a 1.5 through them, but not 1.75. Something to think about too.

Another reason im needing a new belt...pants i buy have like a 2.0-2.25" loops, and a 1.25" belt looks goofy. I ordered the 1.75 today, if i dont like it, i can send it back within a week or so