Question for the Honda guys here

Benner

So I have a 95 civic Dx daily driver with a B16a sir2 in it. Car's manual and been having problems with vibration for a couple weeks now. Finally tracked it down to a bent CV axle on the driver side. What I need to know is if I go to a parts store and buy a driver side axle for a 95 civic DX manual will it fit with the swap that's in it.

Thanks for the info.

I'm rusty on this Honda stuff but I think sir2 engines are the old b16's from 92-95.. b16a2's are out of 99-00 civics. They both had hydrolic trannies that mate up to b-series engines so maybe it doesn't matter since the axle has to match the transmission.

I guess order an axle for a 92-95 civic si

I'm going to be a bit anal here and recommend Honda remanufactured axles. I went through three different sets of axles from parts stores. I kept getting vibrations all over the RPM range. I did my research online to find out that many people have had this same problem until they switched to Honda axles. I gave it a shot and sure enough, they were right. They must have tighter tolerances or something.

Scott as you are correct about the axels a couple of things. 1 you can also get them for integras at the part store.

Here is a big question we need to know what intermediate shaft is in the car. if its a shaft that takes a spline he will need 90-93 integra axels. if the shaft has a spline he will need 94-01 integra/99-00 civic si axels.

http://www.16vminiclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/intermediate_shaft1.jpg

top shaft needs 90-93 integra these axels work on both driver and passenger side.

bottom needs 94-01 integra or 99-00 civic si drivers axel. the passenger axel is the same from 90-01 integra and 99-00 civic ci.

Scott as you are correct about the axels a couple of things. 1 you can also get them for integras at the part store.

Here is a big question we need to know what intermediate shaft is in the car. if its a shaft that takes a spline he will need 90-93 integra axels. if the shaft has a spline he will need 94-01 integra/99-00 civic si axels.

http://www.16vminiclub.com/gallery/albums/userpics/intermediate_shaft1.jpg

top shaft needs 90-93 integra these axels work on both driver and passenger side.

bottom needs 94-01 integra or 99-00 civic si drivers axel. the passenger axel is the same from 90-01 integra and 99-00 civic ci.

Wow thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna rip it apart tomorrow and take the axle in with me. Hopefully its not to crazy